Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Taylor Swift - Taylor's Versions (Re-Recordings Official Thread) Album • Page 18

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by bradsonemanband, Feb 11, 2021.

1. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

If that ends up being true....

2. @@ron

Regular

Seems more appropriate for it to come out on July 9th if we’re talking Last Kiss

3. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

I wonder what the logic is with the order in which she is going to release these. Just skip self-titled and go back to it last? Or is she going to mix them up more (e.g. 1989 next, then maybe Speak Now in the early summer?) Kind of fascinating.

Also, do we think every album has this many "vault" tracks, or is it more likely we've heard most of what she wrote for, say, 1989?

4. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I was thinking about that earlier and it would make sense to me if she goes in order from here, and ends with self-titled. That way it starts with Fearless which gives the whole project a little more hype than starting with self-titled, and then she ends where she began. Who knows though she may have something totally different in mind.

As for vault songs, I imagine that there will be some. Even if not whole new songs, at least she'll play around with releasing versions that differ more from the album, or different guests or things like that.

surgerone likes this.
  5. surgerone

Regular Supporter

I’ve been thinking about the release strategy a lot. Seems like Fearless was the obvious first choice as her initial launch into superstar status, but I’d bet we get 1989 or Red next to keep momentum going (like she needs it but still).

I bet there’s plenty of vault tracks for Speak Now and Red but it sure seemed like she put everything on the table for her shift into pop star with 1989

Craig Manning likes this.
  6. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

I think she’s going to do them in the order of which one is the next highest royalty check.

7. navidson

Regular

I become a fan when Red released - so Fearless has never really been a big deal for me (I owned the album but rarely played it in full)

I thoroughly enjoyed this new version - more so than the original and (sticking my neck out) think that You Belong With Me sounds even better than the original

Also don't remember loving the 1-2 punch of The Way I Loved You and Forever And Always as much as this

8. Craig Manning

I had assumed Fearless, then 1989, then Red and/or Speak Now. I think self-titled and Reputation will probably be the last ones.

My assumption is that there aren’t as many leftovers on those later records, but who knows.

Is Fearless the big money maker? I kind of assumed it was 1989.

9. Garrett

It and 1989 have to be 1 and 2 in that regard. I kinda expected: Fearless, 1989, Red, Speak Now, s/t, then Rep (since she can’t do it until late 2022) as the order.

10. Craig Manning

This was kind of my expectation on order, too.

11. Garrett

hearing All Too Well for the “first time” is an October necessary. So as long as Red drops in the fall, she can do whatever

12. Craig Manning

#ReleaseTheTaylorCut

awakeohsleeper and Garrett like this.
  13. Garrett

you know at this point she has to she’s teased it for almost a decade

14. Craig Manning

Yeah, no choice there.

15. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

She needs to listen to me and do a bonus track of feminist better than revenge ft hayley williams for speak now and that is all.

16. Meerkat

human junk drawer Prestigious

Man, in some places the snare sound is exceptional and then in others it's the exact opposite of what my ear wants it to be. More than anything though it's really just incredible how much she's grown as a vocalist

Zilla and surgerone like this.
  17. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

Her biggest royalty paycheck is possibly changing the line back in “Picture to Burn”

18. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

Aregala, unbornwhiskey and Meerkat like this.
  19. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

Ordered the “Jump Then Fall” T-shirt. Was close to going with “You Belong With Me” but I don’t wear long sleeves ever. I’m gonna ham on the Red re-record

20. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I gotta admit, as much as I absolutely adore what she's doing here, the songs fall into the uncanny valley for me. There's multiple times where I feel like you lose a lot of the raw emotion from the originals, which obviously makes sense, but it's does stand out to me.

21. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

Liking these songs more than I ever have before. I think it's a mixture of me probably underrating it before and preferring her more mature vocals.

22. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

A couple album songs on this pale in comparison. A couple sound like a good live album. And a handful are better than the originals. Which is a decent batting average.

Every single Platinum Edition re-record is an improvement

And the vault songs are wonderful. Even Keith Urban sounds good.

23. cshadows2887

Oh and it’s legitimately heartwarming to me that she basically got the band back together to record all these.

Meerkat, Aregala and bradsonemanband like this.
  24. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

i actually agree with this, but i was wondering if it's because i'm less familiar with those songs than the bulk of fearless

Aregala likes this.
  25. cshadows2887

It’s also because she made the correct decision in leaving them off. They were a bit under-arranged and she didn’t sing a few of them all that well

Aregala and unbornwhiskey like this.