Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Taylor Swift - Taylor's Versions (Re-Recordings Official Thread) Album • Page 17

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by bradsonemanband, Feb 11, 2021.

1. BoldTitan

Trusted

Have never listened to fearless before outside of you belong with me.

This Taylor Swift is pretty talented.

2. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

Oh, I get it. I have a similar relationship to Fearless, believe it or not, having been a 19 year old metalhead.

3. surgerone

Regular Supporter

Forever and always is a step up from the original recording but god it’s a pop punk song at heart and I just want some octave power chord riffs or a key change at the end

4. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

I mean I was an asshole music listener in 2008 too but I still got attached to this album.

cshadows2887 likes this.
  5. surgerone

Regular Supporter

Also I forgot how good the chorus to Untouchable is

6. I've always said the same thing! That was the first TS song that finally clicked for me, and from then on I've been a god damn Swiftie, haha. That bass line in the verses is :ok:

Chris1024 and surgerone like this.
  7. surgerone

Regular Supporter

I’m interpreting this comment as an invitation to make a pop punk Taylor cover band and I accept

FTank and bradsonemanband like this.
  8. I also accept!

surgerone likes this.
  9. If she doesn't play "Mr. Perfectly Fine" live, I will throw a tantrum. That song's a jaaaaam (and could also be a great pop punk song, haha.)

manoverboard365 likes this.
  10. mattfreaksmeout Apr 9, 2021
    (Last edited: Apr 9, 2021)
    mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Heading into bonus tracks (but not the vault songs yet), and this has been really fun. Nothing was really that jarring for me compared to the original Fearless. Just imagining Taylor in 2021 singing these songs and reminiscing/reflecting on them gives the whole thing a weight that's pretty cool.

surgerone and bradsonemanband like this.
  11. "Don't You" easily could have been on 1989 and no one would even question it. The production of it actually reminds me a lot of the 1989 tour version of "Love Story." Maybe that was purposeful on their end since everyone was asking for the 1989 version of "Love Story" to officially be released. Maybe she and Jack decided to give a nod to it on this Vault track.

12. AADC436A-01AC-4087-A3AE-CA7A46680DFB.jpeg
    9DC66E9F-BE1A-48AA-843D-463767A4AE6D.jpeg

Jason Tate, shea, Zilla and 5 others like this.
  13. Aregala

Blistering Guitar Lead

Keith Urban's background vocals on "We Were Happy" are beautiful

Garrett likes this.
  14. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

actually think this is the song that loses the most power from not being sung by a teenager

cshadows2887 and Aregala like this.
  15. surgerone

Regular Supporter

Idk what that says about me personally haha

Edit: I was specifically commenting on her vocal performance, it felt more real in the new version

16. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

The vault songs are very good. I think Don't You might be my favorite of them

Chris1024 and bradsonemanband like this.
  17. Chris1024

Regular

I didn’t think I would enjoy this as much since they’re pretty much exactly the same, but I had a blast with this all day.

And fucking “Don’t You”!!

bradsonemanband likes this.
  18. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

The drums sound weird. It sounds like took the punch of the snare just to make it sound different. It hits like a thud.

Brent and shea like this.
  19. Mort Michaels

Father, Son, and House of Gucci

I don’t get this at all. But maybe that’s just not something I really care about. Song’s a stone cold classic.

20. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

No debating that last part.

Aregala likes this.
  21. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I didn't notice any huge differences in any of the songs but I'm sure tiktok will point them all out to me and then I won't be able to unhear them

The vault songs are lovely and all of them could've replaced Superstar on the platinum original release t b h. Still the weakest link imo but does give me nice "was certain I'd marry Nick carter in the 90s" vibes

surgerone likes this.
  22. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

She could have released those vault songs as an EP like 10 years ago and it would have sold a million copies in a week.

23. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Any notable lyric changes?

24. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

Swifties are something else

Brent, xapplexpiex, Aregala and 4 others like this.
  25. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

Zilla and bradsonemanband like this.