Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Taylor Swift Endorses Two Candidates in Tennessee

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Oct 8, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. rxbandit89

probably over-caffeinated. Supporter

Good.

3. Ska Senanake

Trusted

For.

Arry, rxbandit89 and falafelmywaffle like this.
  4. Hunter Norman

Regular

Her.

5. bmir14

Trusted Supporter

Ego. (na jk it's good)

Raku likes this.
  6. Mason

Regular

Glad she made a post about this. Never understood when people say celebrities should stay out of politics. They are people just like everyone else and they have the ability to spread their message to many and maybe get some people to vote who otherwise weren't planning on.

serotonin likes this.
  7. Mibabalou

MUFC / NYRB Prestigious

Good for her!

8. Saephon

Regular

Most of the people who say celebrities should stay out of politics voted for Trump. So, that tells you how much their two cents is really worth.

Ruston likes this.
  9. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Way to be

10. thegreatbenbino

Be excellent to each other! Supporter

Voter registration apparently went way up after her post, which is fantastic.

serotonin and Saephon like this.
  11. heymattrick

Sending my love

I'm glad she decided to speak up. So many people look up to her, and not that she is required to speak out about anything, I appreciate that she did. Especially that she clearly said to do your research and decide for yourself. It's funny that people are criticizing her for "trying to influence people" when she said to decide for yourself.

The strange thing to me is that she chose to wait until the day after her US tour ended to say this.

serotonin likes this.
  12. CyberInferno

Line below my username Supporter

Interesting that she disabled comments in that post. Apparently doesn't want her comment section to become a political battle between 13-year-olds who can't vote.

13. scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

She disabled the comments on her IG long before this post. And her fanbase is primarily made up of people who are of voting age.

rxbandit89 and Jason Tate like this.