Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Taylor Swift Breaks Single Day Video Stream Record

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Aug 29, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Taylor Swift’s new video was streamed 43.2 million times in the first 24 hours after its release:

This completely shattered the Vevo record “Hello” set for the same time span in 2015: 27.7 million views, a benchmark Tay and director Joseph Kahn hit with six hours to spare. Casual.

2. bmir14

Trusted Supporter

Look what you made us do

3. I love the video, and the more I watch it (only twice so far, don't worry), the more I like the song.

:teethsmile:

heymattrick likes this.
  4. midnightxtaylor

Regular

They've upped the number of times you can watch the video on the ticket page to improve your spot in line from 5 to 20 views per day, I'm sure that didn't hurt.

coleslawed likes this.
  5. Stevangelion

We Can (Not) Make It Alone.

Impressive I wont take that from her, but to put it mildly and as respectfully as possible it doesn’t make the song any less of the hot trash pile that it is.

jeff.dart likes this.
  6. Turkeylegz

Trusted

Really like what they did with this video. The song still hasn't caught me.

7. Tom Lee

Regular

I didn't like this song on first listen, but the more I listened to it, the more I started digging it. It ain't my fave thing TS has ever done, but god damn, it's still catchy.

8. kpatrickwood

Give what you can.

Remember when Fall Out Boy hit a million plays on Purevolume and it blew everybody's minds?

[​IMG]

9. Yellowcard2006

Trusted

Purevolume...that's a name I've not heard in a long time.

10. josh.hofer

yet the song and the video are both garbage.

11. chcougar1

Trusted

Ah yes. Our society. :(