Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Taylor Swift Breaks Modern-Era Record for Biggest Vinyl Album Sales Week

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jun 1, 2021.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Billboard:

In just three days, Taylor Swift’s Evermore has set the record for the biggest sales week for a vinyl album in the U.S. since MRC Data began tracking sales in 1991.

The vinyl edition of Evermore, released on May 28, sold over 40,000 copies in the U.S. through May 30, according to initial reports to MRC Data. That beats the record for an entire single-week of vinyl sales, held by the debut frame of vinyl devotee Jack White’s Lazaretto, when it launched with 40,000 copies in the week ending June 15, 2014. (MRC Data began electronically tracking music sales in 1991, when the company was known as SoundScan.) It’s presumed that Evermore’s vinyl sales sum will grow by the end of the tracking week on Thursday, June 3.

more

Not all embedded content is displayed here. You can view the original to see embedded videos, tweets, etc.

2. tyler2tall

Trusted Supporter

Is there a list of these somewhere? I wonder how high up Science Fiction is.

3. bobsheiskawy

is it the same for you? Prestigious

I was really surprised to see copies of this in Target last night and spent a few minutes grumbling about how my preorder hadn't arrived yet.

4. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

Why (care about that album/band at all)?

5. tyler2tall

Trusted Supporter

I'm more curious how some albums from this scene compare. I'm guessing that's the best selling vinyl album from this scene.

Brent likes this.
  6. theredline

Trusted Supporter

For real. Made me kinda cranky too!

7. joey-wan kenobi

Happiness is a warm gun mama

They were darlings of the scene, and some people will put up with/accept more faults of their artists than others.

8. theredline

Trusted Supporter

Give it a quick google. 55,000 total sales, CD and vinyl. So not even close. But they’re a garbage band so who cares…

Brent likes this.