Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Taylor Swift Announces New Album

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jul 23, 2020.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Taylor Swift has announced that her new album, Folklore, will be released tonight at midnight. Pre-orders are now up.

Track Listing

1. The 1
    2. Cardigan
    3. The Last Great American Dynasty
    4. Exile” (feat. Bon Iver)
    5. My Tears Ricochet
    6. Mirrorball
    7. Seven
    8. August
    9. This Is Me Trying
    10. Illicit Affairs
    11. Invisible String
    12. Mad Woman
    13. Epiphany
    14. Betty
    15. Peace
    16. Hoax
    more

Not all embedded content is displayed here. You can view the original to see embedded videos, tweets, etc.

2. mrenkens007

Surprise, Surprise Prestigious

very ready.

falafelmywaffle likes this.
  3. WasteSomeTime

Regular

I'm happy as I've liked every record of hers except her first (which has some songs I enjoy). I have a strange feeling I'm not going to like this one much at all.

4. somethingwitty

Trusted

Do you enjoy The National? Have a feeling this record will be her most critically acclaimed but most divisive amongst her fans.

From Aaron’s comments it sounds like he wrote all of the music while in quarantine as random demos, and then by chance Taylor called and asked to collaborate so he sent her his demos. She worked out melodies and lyrics, so it’ll be interesting to see Swift fans and how they take to an album without “bops”. Can’t imagine her younger fan base will dig this much.

5. Orla

little old lady Prestigious

I’m sure it’ll be good no matter what, but this is the most excited I’ve been for a T-Swift album since the lead-up to Red.

6. benschuyler

Regular Prestigious

Optimistically looking forward to this as those collaborators are unbeatable. I hope it's not a Justin Timberlake "Man of the Woods" situation though.

BoldType and falafelmywaffle like this.
  7. it's not

coleslawed likes this.
  8. benschuyler

Regular Prestigious

9. WasteSomeTime

Regular

I don't really have an opinion of The National. I don't listen to them really by choice but don't mind them.

10. somethingwitty

Trusted

remember the teasers that made it seem like it was going to have a Bon Iver vibe? Then we got the record and it was like a bait and switch

11. benschuyler

Regular Prestigious

Yeah. Other than the collab with Chris Stapleton it was a dud.

12. WasteSomeTime

Regular

Bops that word always makes me laugh. To be honest my favorite record by her is Speak Now and Red and I don't think many referred to songs off those albums as "bops" as like they do "Shake It Off."

13. Wow, this came out of the blue and I am here for it! Was just thinking about how I liked Lover but wanted more Taylor soon.

14. surgerone

Regular Supporter

genuinely might buy all eight vinyl variants, because quarantine.

joe.boy.fresh. likes this.
  15. Weezer17

Talk about overkill. At a time when people are having issues making ends meet, she decides to release 16 versions of the album?

16. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

You obviously don't have to buy each variant. The people who have the means to buy more than 1 copy have more incentive to now. Not a bad thing

coleslawed and falafelmywaffle like this.
  17. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah it really sucks that she's forcing everyone to use the money they have to buy every version of the album. How selfish of her.

18. somethingwitty

Trusted

Wait, there's 16 versions of the album being sold? Is there one that contains all of the tracks? Is it just diff colored vinyls?

19. Orla

little old lady Prestigious

[​IMG]

falafelmywaffle and Anna Acosta like this.
  20. shea

RIP Supporter

the multiple deluxe versions are available to purchase for a week and you can just buy one if that's all you want. lol

21. parkerxcore

Somebody's gonna miss us Supporter

I lol'd thank you.

22. abcdefg123

Regular

I hope this is good since I jumped on preordering the “In The Weeds” edition.

coleslawed and falafelmywaffle like this.
  23. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

I cannot get into The National to save my life, so all these hopeful comparisons is freaking me out a bit.

24. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

me neither, but I like a lot of the projects aaron's associated with and I'm always interested to hear what he works on

Brent likes this.
  25. theredline

Trusted Supporter

Me too!!! So far it’s a little more chill than I was expecting but maybe that just means it’ll be a grower...