Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Taylor Swift Announces ‘Evermore’

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Dec 10, 2020.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Taylor Swift has announced she will release Evermore, a sister album to Folklore, tomorrow, December 11th. A message from Taylor about the album can be read below.

more

Not all embedded content is displayed here. You can view the original to see embedded videos, tweets, etc.

2. Orla

little old lady Prestigious

Shout-out to all the publications that will have to revise their AOTY rankings

3. CMilliken

Trusted

Me: Binges Netflix during quarantine.
    Taylor Swift: Writes and records two albums.

damn.

4. alexbrew

Just here for the comments

so true it hurts

CMilliken and Chase Tremaine like this.
  5. heymattrick Dec 10, 2020
    (Last edited: Dec 11, 2020)
    heymattrick

Sending my love

Yeah most days this year I struggle to decide if I even want to get out of bed, and she's out here releasing her third studio album in 16 months.

Not to mention she is also still in the process of re-recording her first *six albums! She wins the productivity award of the year. Very excited for this. If there's another "exile" level song on this record, that would be enough for me. Super intrigued by the Haim feature.

6. Out of nowhere again! Incredible excited for this. Do we just pair this with Folklore on lists? Not sure I'm ready to emotionally digest another 17 tracks & re-rank.

7. mrenkens007

Surprise, Surprise Prestigious

This year sucked in so many ways but fuck if I didn't yelp when I saw this.

Brent likes this.
  8. transrebel59

Regular

3 albums in 16 months. She's the Buckethead of pop.

9. surgerone

Regular Supporter

she's killing it and we are all blessed by the bountiful quarantine music gods :clap:
    also though...it's got to be a lot easier to be this productive when you are immensely rich and stuff.

Mary V, SuNDaYSTaR, beachdude and 2 others like this.
  10. nah, that's facts. money can't buy talent but it sure as hell changes how time and productivity work.

11. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

Pretty sure she's not re-recording Lover.

12. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

This may totally be a Twitter conspiracy and made up but there’s a theory of a third album for a trilogy.

sawhney[rusted]2, surgerone and Brent like this.
  13. heymattrick

Sending my love

You're absolutely right. Should have said first 6 albums. Lover was her first album with her new label and she owns the masters to it.

Brent likes this.
  14. CMilliken

Trusted

Kinda off topic but how does re-recording her albums work? Couldn’t the people who own her first several albums just sue her for infringement or something?

15. heymattrick

Sending my love

No, those people own the master recordings, not the copyrights. She has the rights to re-record and re-release, and by doing that she will significantly de-value the existing records so other people don't continue to profit off them. She will own the masters for the re-recordings, which is her main goal in the situation.

Dan O'Neill likes this.