Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Taylor Swift and Kanye West Again Dominate The News • Page 3

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jul 17, 2016.

1. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

I just did - tingly! Now what should I do?

2. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I heard he was in NY. Tbh I assumed it took them this long to release it partly to promote their show but also to get involved with lawyers to make sure they wouldn't get sued? But idk that's just a guess

Aaron Mook and rst like this.
  3. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

nobody said that. Just don't think that tweet in particular is funny

4. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

No need to talk like that. I don't think anybody in this forum thinks this takes precedence over important stuff. Social media is another story however

5. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Kim is a brilliant business woman. I think the phone call was recorded because Taylor has, throughout history, played the victim card. They needed this footage just in case Taylor would betray Kanye. That is not to say the line itself isn't stupid af. But Of course Taylor comes out looking like an idiot. She doesn't know how to play the game like the Kardashians do so well

Jacob Davidson and testtime like this.
  6. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

7. swboyd

are we still lucky to be here? Prestigious

My only thought about this is - why wait months to release this footage? Why not release it when Kanye was called out on his problematic lyrics around the song's release in the first place? Why is everyone in involved in this such a dolt?

8. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

^

Jacob Davidson and swboyd like this.
  9. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Exactly. And it's happening right around the time that Taylor is receiving flack for her "fake relationship" with Tom Hiddleston. It's brilliant Kim is doing this now. She is going to destroy the media's perception of Taylor

lordjedediah likes this.
  10. swboyd

are we still lucky to be here? Prestigious

Grazzi. I don't actively follow what goes on with any of the parties involved in this so the hubris and narcissism displayed here is baffling to me.

11. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

And that's somehow a good thing? It's incredibly sophomoric... if that's really what she wants, I can only feel sorry for her.

Craig Manning and St. Nate like this.
  12. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Nah not a good thing. Though I can't say I care much about Taylor's career, considering she's pretty racist at times.

13. Eric

Regular

Yeah. I never understood people who say "with all the things going on, people are talking about this?!" Like, just because there are bad things happening, that's all we're allowed to talk about right now?

FTank and iCarly Rae Jepsen like this.
  14. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

yeah if anything it's just another form of escapism from sucky things going on in the world and that's okay. It's especially weird to see celebs talking about how we should care about more important things, like they don't do things for pr and to be talked about themselves. But I guess when it reflects negatively on them it's not fun anymore lol

15. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

I don't like any of them.....nor care for their petty rich people problems. Have a great day people

Davjs and testtime like this.
  16. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

I have receipts lol, like that time she dressed like a geisha

Aaron Mook and testtime like this.
  17. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

She's playing this innocent white girl charade, meanwhile her music videos includes some racist subtext. Shake It Off, she's crawling through the legs of twerking black women while wearing chains. Its a stereotypical portrayal of blacks. Maybe it's not INTENTIONALLY racist, but she's pretty fucking tone deaf to think that's okay. In Wildest Dreams, she and a cast of white people are partying it up in Africa with exotic animals

testtime and iCarly Rae Jepsen like this.
  18. trip9

Just a FYI, supposedly Kanye hires a team to record the BTS of writing/recording all of his records, and records all of his phonecalls during that time, so this was part of that.

testtime and Jacob Davidson like this.
  19. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Apparently she threatened to sue for the release of this video

20. Jacob Davidson

Regular

She done played us all

21. KimmyGibbler

Everywhere you look... Prestigious

Not to piss on your edginess, but I don't think any of us really care about this. It's just people having a good time talking about shit. Relax.

AshlandATeam, fame, OotyPa and 2 others like this.
  22. No, I genuinely care about ocean bears.

23. KimmyGibbler

Everywhere you look... Prestigious

I don't know, you mentioned space bears, which seem far far scarier than ocean bears.

24. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

the director of the video for Wildest Dreams said this

Taylor Swift video director defends Wildest Dreams following 'whitewash' claims

Kizwiz likes this.
  25. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Jacob Davidson likes this.