Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Taylor Swift – “Look What You Made Me Do” • Page 4

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Aug 24, 2017.

1. LuigiPeppercorn

Trusted Prestigious

Need Spotify to make a new section to distinguish between old Taylor and new Taylor

2. theredline

Trusted Supporter

I'm not a huge Taylor fan and I kinda like it... my 9 year old daughter wil love it!

3. knstadin

Regular Prestigious

I hope this is the "Bad Blood" type of song from her new album.. Okay it's not that bad like "Bad Blood" I just can't stand that "My hump, my hump, my hump" part :eh:

Essie likes this.
  4. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Already stuck in my head.

scottlechowicz likes this.
  5. RobJGolde

Wrecked 'em? Damn near killed 'em!

Disclaimer: I don't dislike Taylor or her music by any means, but by her standards, this is not a good song. Still have high hopes for the rest of the album though.

6. chcougar1

Trusted

That chorus is awful. Beat is catchy. Some parts are good but overall this sounds questionable in terms of Taylor quality, if that makes sense.

7. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

I love 1989, but I don't like this at all. I'm sure it'll be huge, but I just can't get behind this.

Arry and jlinitz like this.
  8. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

The chorus melody is lifted from a Right Said Fred song, and they have writing credits according to Wikipedia. That is amazing and the only good thing about this song! :crylaugh:

9. NitrateDawn

Regular

Wow this is not good. I respect her for trying something different but man. Every time that chorus comes in I start laughing.

10. Eml182

Regular

I will never count Taylor out, but this song seems so petty in these times. I feel like the world would respond a little better to more upbeat Taylor right now, this almost seems like generic angst...

11. NitrateDawn

Regular

I just realized why I involuntarily laugh at the chorus... It reminds me way too much of I'm Too Sexy For My Shirt

Essie, PandaBear! and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  12. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

Her Chris Gaines moment she still does so much for the country community!!

Turkeylegz likes this.
  13. aniafc

Trusted

The GIF replies are the best part

skogsraet likes this.
  14. MrSwetz

***** Prestigious

I usually don't like her lead singles (until about a month later), but after 5 listens, I'm liking this. It's quirky and kinda fun. I don't like her marketing for this album, so distanced and cold. I get that is what she's going for, but have yet to see a message from her.

I also love Jack, but always think he and Taylor don't collaborate well together. His songs were my least favorite from 1989. He did a much better job with Lorde.

15. Mick

FKA tell that mick Prestigious

"I'm Too Sexy" is a very influential song.

16. IATAvalanche

Regular

it gets better every song listen.

17. theredline

Trusted Supporter

I agree subject matter is something she could work on. I do like the music, though. But petty is the perfect adjective.

Eml182 and fenway89 like this.
  18. jorbjorb

7 rings

Holy shit this is one of her best songs ever

19. CMilliken

Trusted

Had a WTF reaction the first time hearing it but after a few listens... I dig it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

20. Connor

we're all a bunch of weirdos on a quest to belong Prestigious

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  21. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

The weird voicemail part is the only outright bad part. The song is fine/decent, I think after the shock of "This is the new Taylor Swift song?!" wears off it'll be more liked. I don't know. Public reaction is fun.

atticusfinch likes this.
  22. shawnhyphenray

Regular

I honestly felt like I've heard this chorus melody/structure many many times before. Hell I've even written stuff exactly like that in the past.

23. shawnhyphenray

Regular

I love how creepy the sound sounds (especially when attached to the lyric video), but that chorus kinda ruins it. I love the voicemail though.

24. smowashere

Trusted Supporter

25. Wall Of Arms

LIGHTEN UP, BUTTERCUP Prestigious

Came in here to mention but that's because it's this:

kait_whiteside and PandaBear! like this.