Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Taylor Swift – “Look What You Made Me Do” • Page 3

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Aug 24, 2017.

1. transrebel59

Regular

A better place to see reactions would be r/popheads. A large amount of them hate it as well.

2. bdoyle0182

Wow just completely ignore that it's an example to convey my point and not meant to be their actual projections. The point is it will still do really well compared to your average pop artist, but for taylor the team likely has big projections and if it's just your average number 1 song for a couple weeks like swish swish and not the next despacito, she and her team are going to be disappointed by the results.

3. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

Ur giving swish swish too much credit tbh

goation, IATAvalanche and Jason Tate like this.
  4. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

Swish Swish barely cracked the top 50.

5. Mort Michaels

Father, Son, and House of Gucci

I dig it. Not her best song, but seems like a good progression from 1989. Her albums have only gotten better, so I imagine I will like the album as a whole.

6. TedSchmosby

Trusted

Is that Jason Lee in your avatar

7. bdoyle0182

Bad example but you get what I mean. I forgot Katy Perry's album really did that bad.

8. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

i like it. it stands out, it's different. i think it's a bit jarring at times, but that's fine. Pop music needs to take more chances

9. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

Yeah that's a better flop example. This will do just fine, probably not as well as 1989. But then again we're making wild assumptions about a full album after one song has been out for ~2 hours, let's maybe just chill for a couple weeks and come back for the flop talk.

10. Cmoney86

Trusted

this is going to be a massive hit. its already number 1 on itunes and has been out for like 2 hours.

11. I'm indifferent to it right now

12. xthisislove

Regular

absolutely

13. Taylor also topped the iTunes charts with like 10 seconds of straight up white noise once though so that's not really a great metric to go by this early on lol

That's not to say she won't be absolutely fine and this song won't do fine for her, to pretend like anything else is the case is borderline silly imo

14. somethingwitty

Trusted

Sounds like a Black Eyed Peas b-side from 2008...this blows...

15. Kurtis Grant

I'm thinking this song is all about sexual assault. If you look up the term "look what you made me do" you would find that it's actually a ubiquitous saying for an abuser. Then there's lines like "you ask me for a place to sleep" or "you say the gun was mine" aka she was asking for it. So at least through the weaknesses in it, it still has that deep taylor swift art to it. Makes me respect the song so much more.

17. Cmoney86

Trusted

18. That song flirts with being hot garbage but for some reason I really enjoy its ridiculous melodrama. I'm down for edgy Taylor. It will definitely do well on radio. I wonder if the '80s trend in pop music is going to die out now? She kind of started that with 1989.

DearCory likes this.
  19. Sander Aug 25, 2017
    (Last edited: Aug 25, 2017)
    Sander

kflkmflkm

I love Taylor (especially 1989) and Antonoff but this is straight up trash. But i'm still excited for the album, I remember hating Shake It Off too.

This kind of feels like a trapped out throwback to trashy mid-00's pop.

20. punkzilla84

Nope! Massive fan but this is all kinds of not good. Thank god Selena Gomez is killing it with her new stuff!

21. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

Total crap - can't wait for it to win a grammy!

smowashere and xthisislove like this.
  22. sammyboy516

Trusted Prestigious

No bueno

23. Neon Light

rage and love

Love it

24. Orla

little old lady Prestigious

Have no doubt this will be a huge hit. I can't get into it, though. The cadence & lack of melody to the chorus realls Benny Benassi's "Satisfaction" for me, and coming from a Taylor song, it's enough to detract from the rest of the tune. I do enjoy the pre-chorus and the, "I don't trust nobody and nobody trusts me," part of the bridge a lot. Still very interested to hear how the rest of the album sounds.