Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Taylor Swift – “Look What You Made Me Do” • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Aug 24, 2017.

1. Connor

we're all a bunch of weirdos on a quest to belong Prestigious

Probably a good way to look at it. Shake It Off was my least favorite on 1989 so looking at it through that lens I'm sure I'll like most of what's in here.

DearCory likes this.
  2. I'll take that "gonna fall" bet....

Robk, WasteSomeTime and fenway89 like this.
  3. bdoyle0182

Anyone else notice that the verse melody and the way she sings it sounds very similar to The Louvre...?

Fronnyfron and smowashere like this.
  4. fowruok

Trusted Supporter

This song is going to be massive -- I'll be surprised if it's not bigger than the 1989 singles.

5. You not liking it doesn't make it bad or not good for radio and the masses. That chorus is just about perfect for radio right now.

fenway89 likes this.
  6. bdoyle0182

Well the hot take currently is bad by the "social media" majority so, which I know doesn't mean anything. It could be way worse than this and it would still go number 1 because it's Taylor Swift. Taylor fans are not going to like this song though.

I'm still optimistic though, shake it off was also my least favorite 1989 song although I liked it a bit more than this. I don't think the song is all bad, I just really dislike the direction of the chorus. The rest is pretty typical taylor.

Mister Lyrical likes this.
  7. How does one poll social media to know the results?

Taylor fans seem to love it. Hit #1 on iTunes in record time.

fenway89 likes this.
  8. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

To be fair what us nerds say about music on the internet doesn't always line up with what's on the radio

aniafc likes this.
  9. xthisislove

Regular

I love taylor swift more than most 15-18 year old girls I've met so I'm the last person that wants that to happen. My wording isn't the best but I do have a feeling she may stumble and but not fall off, it's gunna take someone like her a few awful records for that

10. bdoyle0182

Like I said, it's Taylor Swift. How quickly it hits number 1 isn't much of a metric for her. Well see though I could be completely wrong but I wouldn't be surprised if this was her smallest hit in a while because again it can't not be a hit no matter how mediocre the actual song is because it's Taylor Swift...

11. Let's check back in in a few weeks. I bet it's a big hit.

fenway89 likes this.
  12. bdoyle0182

I think the sound she's going for has some great potential. I'm down for emo taylor, the next song I imagine will be more conventional at least that's what the insiders were saying.

13. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

Reception seems about 50/50 from what I've seen but tbh it's taylor like she's not gonna fail like that. People stay perched for a flop and I'll be surprised if she ever flops in the dramatic way ppl expect popstars to. Of course nobody stays at their peak forever, but I think she is fairly masterful at reading the public and when she does get too close to that line of annoying people she typically knows when to pull back so yeah I think shell be fine. She seems super intuitive so I can't see her ever having like a total embarrassing career flopping misstep but idk don't quote me lol

skogsraet, Jason Tate and FTank like this.
  14. bdoyle0182

Yea what I was trying to get at is that a flop in taylor swifts book is still a number one hit for any other artist.

Mister Lyrical likes this.
  15. Kiana

Yeah a flop for her would be like selling less than a million copies of her album the first week haha which is ridiculous

16. That's like the definition of not a flop hah.

Kiana likes this.
  17. Kiana

U wait someday some anti stans will be like WOW only 999,000 copies first week??? #TaylorIsOverParty

18. personalmaps

citrus & cinnamon Prestigious

I hated Shake It Off and I like this so I'm more than optimistic.

For the "her fans won't like it" crowd, I have yet to see a negative reaction in Tumblr/twitter Stan world. Her die hardship will follow her anywhere.

Jason Tate likes this.
  19. Kiana

It kinda reminds me of an Original Doll/Blackout bside love child except not as flawless as its parents like its the chet hanks of songs. I am indifferent to it.

ryan.conde likes this.
  20. bdoyle0182

Yea that's what we're saying, she can't flop by the standard definition of a flop for any other artist. The song will go number one and sell a million copies in the first week, but if she was projecting say five million in the first week she and her team would consider that a flop in their book.

Also, the initial Reddit discussion is very negative, not that that means anything.
    Taylor Swift - Look What You Made Me Do • r/Music

21. jeff.dart

Regular

song is pretty boring to me. Good for Jack though, just wish it was a better result.

22. ryan.conde

Who is Ryan? Prestigious

Dead @ the Chet Hanks of songs :crylaugh:

Kiana likes this.
  23. But no one is projecting five million ...

24. joey-wan kenobi

Happiness is a warm gun mama

So, which boy was this written about? The gun lyric made me think matty from 1975? I don't see this song being a favorite of mine any time soon, but yeah.. it's gonna tear up the airwaves - the look what you made me do phrasing is like glue in the ole brain matter.

25. Kiana