Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Taylor Swift – “Gorgeous” • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Oct 19, 2017.

1. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

With my dancing skills, I’m surprised this hasn’t already happened.

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  2. shawnhyphenray

Regular

Much much better than the last song released, but still something about it I don't care for...I think it's the unoriginality of it

3. shawnhyphenray

Regular

Yep Yep Yep

4. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

0 for 2

5. Jason Tate Oct 20, 2017
    (Last edited: Oct 20, 2017)
    Why do so many of your posts walk right up to the “I’m super sexist but don’t wanna just come out and say it” line? This is like the ... fourth? or so time now ... it’s kinda weird.

tyramail and CoffeeEyes17 like this.
  6. Turkeylegz

Trusted

None of these songs are poor quality but for some reason none of them have hit for me. Although that's how I've felt about all the new Fall Out Boy songs at first and they've grown on me.

7. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

I think the lyrics on this song are kind of hilarious, and probably supposed to be tongue in cheek. It's not a masterwork, but it's a fun pop song with a lot of personality.

Anna Acosta likes this.
  8. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I think she's being cheeky. I think it's pretty common to have that sort of cheeky facetious arrogance when ur flirting. Just silly banter.

Anna Acosta and fenway89 like this.
  9. bobsheiskawy

is it the same for you? Prestigious

i like that one part where it sounds like she's enjoying herself and there's a little bit of life in the song. of the three released so far, this is the only one that sounds like a taylor swift song and not her doing something that sounds like her playing a character. 3 for 3 if she was trying to make songs that are a little worse than 1989.

shawnhyphenray likes this.
  10. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

11. jeff.dart

Regular

Great first post.

Not feeling this at all, but it's not as bad as her first track she released.

heymynameisjoe likes this.
  12. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

I'm glad i'm not the only one who just thinks the overall quality of her music on this release seems much more shallow and not nearly as endearing as her previous releases.

13. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

That X-Ambassadors chorus is so much bigger though cause that guys voice is ridiculous haha. Love the way that chorus pops with the vocal stacks.

14. oldboot

Regular

The maturity of her work is inversely proportionate to her age. Not saying you can't write fun pop songs, but man this is awful

jeff.dart likes this.
  15. shawnhyphenray

Regular

Umm because I’m really not at all, I’m only sick of double standards and automatic assumptions from people

16. This does it again...

17. shawnhyphenray

Regular

18. Kiana

Eh her albums are usually a mixed bag of immature silly songs and more serious heartfelt ones. Red which imo is her most mature and best album has immature songs like We Are Never and Stay Stay Stay. Sometimes a mindless jam just begs to be written tbh!

Jason Tate likes this.
  19. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

here, you are agreeing with a sentiment that essentially reads "i don't like this because if a man did this they would be hung out to dry."

that is sexist

if it's not your intent to come across that way, i can respect that, but, again see above.

20. Sean Murphy Oct 23, 2017
    (Last edited: Oct 23, 2017)
    Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

i mean regardless of the context or example,

just imagine discrediting a woman's work because you think a man can't get away with doing the same.

21. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

I fully support the ideals put forth by @Anna Acosta, all of that is accurately and well stated.

I don't like the song because I think it's shallow, boring, and I know that she is capable of a lot better vocally, lyrically, and ideally.

22. oldboot

Regular

Oh, for sure. I feel like when you're writing the silly songs there's a line that you cross where it just becomes cringe-y...this song is that line for me!

23. Kiana

Oh yeah I don't like the song either. She's just always walked that line for me lol

oldboot likes this.
  24. AutopilotYears

Regular

I guess whoever wrote Taylors big hits for her walked before this album...

0 for 3 so far... pretty massive dip in quality for such a massive star.

carrytheweird likes this.