Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Taylor Swift’s Representatives Again Deny She Gave Permission for “Famous”

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jun 16, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

In a recent interview with GQ, Kim Kardashian again insists that Taylor Swift gave Kanye West permission for “Famous” and its now infamous lyrical content. A representative for Taylor has responded, again, denying this to be the case:

Taylor does not hold anything against Kim Kardashian as she recognizes the pressure Kim must be under and that she is only repeating what she has been told by Kanye West. However, that does not change the fact that much of what Kim is saying is incorrect. Kanye West and Taylor only spoke once on the phone while she was on vacation with her family in January of 2016 and they have never spoken since. Taylor has never denied that conversation took place. It was on that phone call that Kanye West also asked her to release the song on her Twitter account, which she declined to do. Kanye West never told Taylor he was going to use the term ‘that bitch’ in referencing her. A song cannot be approved if it was never heard. Kanye West never played the song for Taylor Swift. Taylor heard it for the first time when everyone else did and was humiliated. Kim Kardashian’s claim that Taylor and her team were aware of being recorded is not true, and Taylor cannot understand why Kanye West, and now Kim Kardashian, will not just leave her alone.

2. brentkid

Regular

A resounding who cares

Rico Suave likes this.
  3. Sal Paradise

Trusted

The wording on this, and the insistence from team Kanye, makes me wonder if the conversation happened regarding the "still have sex" part but the bitch part was an add on and not approved. I'm not as offended about the line as some but I find it interesting if/why Kanye would lie about this when it's something that can so easily be denied by Swift.

ReiAndCoke likes this.
  4. a lack of color

Regular

I was thinking it was the other way around, with the "I made that bitch famous" line approved, but not the sex part. IIRC, Kanye only specifically mentioned that line during his rant about her approving the song, and IMO the sex part is much more crass than calling her bitch.

Dan O'Neill likes this.
  5. Honeymagnolia

Regular Supporter

I do cringe at the sex part. I don't know his and Kims relationship but that line is a bit strange for a married man.

6. marceting

Trusted

I think the real story here is the profile GQ wrote was fucking amazing. So well written.

7. JulieLynn

Karma is the Guy On The Chiefs Prestigious

Kanye has been "strange" his whole career. I mean it got a little out of hand after his mother passed (see VMAs when he crashed the stage cause he was wasted) but he's an artist. They are all a little weird. No, I haven't listened to his album, and I don't plan on it, but I respect him as an artist. As a person? that is still undecided.

Also.... #TeamSwift.

llllllllllllllll and Turkeylegz like this.
  8. TheWater(s)

Kiss The Sky Prestigious

Resounding? I'm pretty sure fans of Taylor and Kanye (which is literally millions of people) care.

9. TheWater(s)

Kiss The Sky Prestigious

Lol what

10. JulieLynn

He's an odd dude. I loved his music before he thought he was the greatest rapper of all time. Um sorry, but Biggie and 2pac were the greatest rappers of all time. Slow you roll, Kanye.

Do i need to make a list of all the artists we love that were "different" or "strange"? I would be here for weeks making that list.

11. TheWater(s)

Kiss The Sky Prestigious

Everything posted here is subjective. Every rapper ever thinks they are the greatest rapper of all time. As they should because without that mindset they'd never get anywhere.

Carmensaopaulo likes this.
  12. JulieLynn

Now you're just annoying. I'm done here.

13. TheWater(s)

Kiss The Sky Prestigious

Yeah discussion is really annoying. As is being proved wrong. Later.

14. JulieLynn

I didn't realize that me thinking Biggie and 2pac being the greatest rappers of all time was "wrong". I guess I know nothing at my age.

15. crunchprank

crunchprank.net Prestigious

The GQ article was uncomfortable to read

16. TheWater(s)

Kiss The Sky Prestigious

Age has nothing to do with it. And that's not what I was saying was wrong. You can think that Biggie and Pac are the best, many people feel the same way. It's your opinion. There's no subjective fact as to who the best rapper is because everyone will have a different answer.

17. JulieLynn

Yes and I understand that. I have been posting in threads for 10 years with people who have different answers. So what I should have said "in my humble opinion, I think that Biggie and 2pac are the greatest rappers of all time".

Can we all just get along now?

18. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

I'm still confused how people continue to support him after all the problematic shit he's done.

19. No kidding. I'm still on the first paragraph and... ick. So uncomfortable.

20. JulieLynn

My point exactly!

21. TheWater(s)

Kiss The Sky Prestigious

Art vs artist, people draw their lines differently than others do, highly influential groundbreaking artist etc.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  22. Rico Suave

I've found Taylor Swift to be a phony from day one and still do. The last thing she wants to do is disrupt her image aka income.

I don't doubt that Kanye is telling the truth. It's just more beneficial for Taylor to stick with her lie. No one in their right mind is going to believe Kanye and the Kardashian clan over her.

In any event, someone else said it best with a declaration of "who cares". Leave this for TMZ.

Sal Paradise and Carmensaopaulo like this.
  23. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

Skip over the article and don't comment if you don't care about it. Simple.

SpyKi, fenway89, Kiana and 1 other person like this.
  24. kevincomplains

because the music industry would never create conflict for page hits

25. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

I get that but if the means to get to this "art" are extremely problematic is it really worth it?