Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Taste Of Chaos 2016 Tour • Page 6

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by kidinthebushes, Mar 31, 2016.

1. kidinthebushes

Trusted

I am not a big Dashboard Confessional fan but I was glad I stayed. However, I would have been fine if TBS closed out instead. I thought they were really good and they played the three songs I wanted to hear. The crowd seemed to go nuts for them. Prior to that, I had only see them from a distance at Riot Fest and acoustic with New Found Glory a few years ago.

2. bradpetrik

Trusted Prestigious

That isn't selling amphitheaters. Hell, that tour didn't even sell out the Aragon Ballroom in Chicago when both bands were popular.

That tour could barely sell out the Metro now.

SaveTheEarth and manoverboard365 like this.
  3. Phil507

Resident NYC snob Supporter

Ha I remember that tour. Both bands were coming off of successful records with new records that weren't fairing well and their audiences were in the process of moving over to Fall Out Boy and MCR.

joe.boy.fresh. likes this.
  4. bachna84

we are nothing more than mannequins Prestigious

Anybody else at the Cleveland show tonight?

5. bachna84

TEN set in Cleveland was a little different...

decoration
    frayed in doubt
    tell me why
    ever so sweet
    i don't care
    i want to hear you sad
    narrow mouth

joe.boy.fresh. likes this.
  6. bachna84

saosin played they perched on their stilts... in addition to the set that had previously been posted.

7. a lack of color

Regular

I think a toooon of people are going to leave after TBS at Jones Beach on Saturday. Not having them close that show is a huge mistake imo

8. kidinthebushes

Trusted

[​IMG]

irthesteve likes this.
  9. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

hell yeah

10. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Got last minute free tickets to Cleveland and it was pretty fun! TEN was great, Saosin killed it and surprised me hardcore definitely checking them out, TBS was good as always although I thought both new songs were bad, and I left a little into Dashboard.

Tons of people left after TBS though, there was not even half as many people in the pit

11. bachna84

I ended up staying for the entire show. I think that TBS should've probably headlined based on the number of people that left before Dashboard came on, but overall it was a fun show. I'd only seen Dashboard once before so I stuck around for them. I thought Saosin was awesome-really hoping that they go on a headlining tour in support of their new album (and that the tours comes to Cleveland!)

I agree with you on the two new TBS songs, but I guess I'll reserve judgment until I hear the album version.

12. Phil507

Resident NYC snob Supporter

How is Saosin playing after MCR at the Jones Beach date? Is MCS not bigger?

13. irthesteve

I honestly wouldn't dissect it that much

14. J12

Trusted Supporter

Went to the Portland date yesterday. I had an Insider Pass (venue thing) that allowed early entry, but they let my friend and I in way too early, so we just stood around the middle of the pier while the local crew (with some help from some tour guys) locked up the guardrail. We ended up helping them out a bit, it was weird.

The Early November was good. Ace mistakenly called Portland "Providence" and then spent the rest of the set cracking jokes about it. He called a lot of attention to it, so I think he might've been a little embarrassed.

Saosin sounded really good. I've never been a fan of Anthony Green's voice and always preferred them with Cove, but they were better yesterday than they were both times I saw them during the Cove days. Anthony seemed to really be enjoying himself. His kids were there and running frantically around the stage for a couple of songs. It was pretty adorable.

Taking Back Sunday was good, as always. Nothing much to say about the set. I really liked "Holy Water", but didn't care for "Tidal Wave" at all. We'll see how they sound on record. Adam seemed to be very in-tune with the fact that people were there for nostalgia purposes. I didn't see many people around me getting into much of anything outside of "MakeDamnSure" and the TAYF stuff. We were in the front on the guardrail, and Adam kept cracking jokes about my best friend because he was relatively stoic. I think Adam thought he disliked them, when in fact, TBS is actually one of his favorite bands, he's just not the type of person to get super into it and move around and whatnot. It was all in jest, but he felt kind of bad that Adam probably thought he hated them, when in reality, he's a huge fan.

We moved to the back for Dashboard Confessional. I've never been much of a fan of theirs, just casual at best. The Pier is not known for its sound (it's surrounded by water on 3 sides, so it travels) and none of us could really get into the set, so, we called it a night. I really only cared about "Vindicated" anyway. I was home by 10:30 (an hour and a half drive.) Can't beat that on a work night.

15. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

You know what? I just realized I accidentally bought the VIP tickets. Oops.

16. irthesteve

Uh that's a huge price difference, right?

17. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

Yes. I'm trying my best to get refunded.

Trying to work a miracle.

18. irthesteve

whooof, good luck. prayin for ya!

St. Nate likes this.
  19. quietwords

RIP EmoPunkKid28: 2002-2016 Prestigious

Noticed a lot of people saying their venues cleared out during Dashboard; definitely not the case at the Boston date. Venue was actually more packed than I thought it would be.

20. kidinthebushes

Trusted

That's how it was in Chicago. I was expecting people to leave after TBS (I thought about doing it) but there were more people in the pit for DC than there were for TBS.

21. heymattrick

Sending my love

Were we at the same show? I was in the middle of the pit for TBS and we went to the back for DC but it felt significantly less crowded during DC. I saw tons of people leave after TBS.

22. heymattrick

Sending my love

They keep saying they don't want to be a nostalgia band, but their setlist does not seem to match that. While on their recent headlining shows they pulled out some different songs, this tour feels like the same set I've seen over and over again since the reunion aside from the two new songs. I was really surprised Timberwolves and Error Operator still make the cut in such a short set, when they could at least swap them for other songs on those same albums, or something different altogether.

Not to mention they're using the exact same red curtain backdrop/setup they used on Projekt Revolution in 2007. The only thing missing is the "Louder Now" sign.

MegT585 likes this.
  23. oldboot

Regular

I was at the Portland date as well but unfortunately had to leave after Saosin. Portland crowds used to be so good but they are so bad these days. Everyone looked like they'd have rather slept through Saosin's set. I thought they sounded awesome with Anthony though...I had seen them six times with Cove but that was the first time with Anthony. It was just great to see them making music again.

24. kidinthebushes

Trusted

I was up front for Dashboard so maybe that's why.

25. kidinthebushes

Trusted

My friend who is flying out for the California show said they are doing buy one, get one free. The lineup is so good! Too bad it isn't selling well.