Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Taste Of Chaos 2016 Tour • Page 5

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by kidinthebushes, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Joe4th Jun 4, 2016
    (Last edited: Jun 5, 2016)
    Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

From what I remember, Saosin played:

Racing Toward a Red Light
    Translating the Name
    Silver String
    3rd Measurement
    I Can Tell
    Illusion and Control
    7 Years

2. RIPapdotnet

At the Indy show now. TEN was pretty good. Where are Sergio and Jeff?? I'm friends with Jeff on Facebook and didn't see anything. Saosin was amazing. Anthony sounds fantastic, albeit crazy as usual. Interesting mix of a crowd.

3. kidinthebushes

Trusted

Jeff has a full time job. I think he had to miss quite a few shows on another tour because he had to go back to work.

4. SPine

Trusted

It looks like there's still a bunch of tickets left for it on Ticketmaster. I got $15 bleacher tickets off groupon awhile back. I have a feeling it'll be pretty empty which is a shame because it's my favorite Cleveland venue.

5. MegT585

Trusted

I am going tomorrow night in Buffalo. I just looked and over half the venue still has tickets available. It makes me sad it is going to be that empty.

6. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

Explains why I'm having so much trouble selling my ticket

7. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

on that note, if anyone wants to go to the buffalo date and can pick up in rochester, its yours. we'll call it the chorus discount. i'd hate to see it go to waste

8. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

this is why i went to ToC in San Bernardino last year. There's a ton of 'emo' i dont like, but last year, they pretty much got every band that i do. This year, its every band that i respect, but i dont enjoy.

i hope they bring back It's Not Dead Fest....unfortunately i don't think it did that well :(

9. kidinthebushes

Trusted

That's really a bummer. I absolutely love the idea of a throwback tour like this. I was hoping it would become an annual thing. Maybe in club tour next year?

10. Taco-King

Taco Enthusiast

As soon as the venues were announced you could tell this would happen. Very happy the Philadelphia date isn't in an amphitheater. It will be much better in an all GA venue with no seats. I think the capacity for Festival Pier is like 6,000.

11. manoverboard365

Trusted

The only logical explanation I can think of is that most of these huge amphitheaters are all like 20 miles outside of major cities. It must be cheaper to book a 15k venue in say Long Island than it is to book the 6k pier venue in NYC.

12. Taco-King

Taco Enthusiast

I understand but then by that logic why not book BB&T Pavilion in Camden. It just seems odd that Philadelphia is one of if not the only one not in an amphitheater.

13. manoverboard365

Trusted

Perhaps BB&T Pavilion was all booked up for any possible dates on their tour routing when passing through Philly? I dunno its so bizarre. Like Jones Beach has soo many shows booked there where you know as soon as it's announced that its only gonna be a quarter filled.

14. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

Yeah, the venues for this thing are WAYYYY too big.

15. bradpetrik

Trusted Prestigious

The Chicago date is effectively downtown. It's the only amphitheater in the city proper with a permanent stage.

I think they just happened to sign a weak line-up for something like this. None of these bands can carry an amphitheater tour.

joe.boy.fresh. likes this.
  16. kidinthebushes

Trusted

But who else could they have got to that scene?

17. manoverboard365

Trusted

A My Chemical Romance return definitely coulda done it. Also 30 Seconds to Mars probably could have pulled more tix.

18. bradpetrik

Trusted Prestigious

The real answer is "Don't do an amphitheater tour".

19. kidinthebushes

Trusted

That's what I said too. Isn't this the first time Taste of Chaos has been outdoors (beaides the one date last year)?

20. Taco-King

Taco Enthusiast

2008 was in amphitheaters and arenas when it was A7X, Atreyu and BFMV. But I do remember when it was in Camden it was closed off from outside. It was also a bit earlier in the year (Feb 29-Apr 27).

21. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

This year was my first year going to Taste of Chaos since the original one in 2005.

22. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

good call on the venue issue. Penn's Landing is fantastic, that was a good call....but PNC bank? jones beach? bleh, those are NOT the type of venues id wanna see this in.

Summer Nationals with Offspring, Bad Religion, Pennywise, Vandals chose LARGER GA venues....and it was a hit!! There are a ton of fun outdoor GA spots they could've picked too. In NJ I'm thinking Stone Pony Summerstage...NYC, yeah, you gotta do terminal 5/hammerstein/ec.

23. HelloThisIsDog

Trusted

Shoot, I personally think it'd be more successful if Kevin Lyman booked Sum 41 and Good Charlotte for ToC rather than Warped. They have the bigger name recognition and radio hits over Dashboard and TBS.

24. MegT585

Trusted

Buffalo was really fun last night. There ended up being more people than I expected. The lawn was completely full, and the seating area was a little more than half full. At one point Chris Carabba went up to the lawn area and played 2 songs back there since that is where the majority of people were. Also, a lot of people left after Taking Back Sunday.

25. HalfHearted

Regular

I left after TBS, had a good time up to that point. Was just a little too brisk for my liking and I didn't want my 45 minute ride home to turn into an hour and a half due to traffic getting out most likely.