Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Taste Of Chaos 2016 Tour • Page 4

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by kidinthebushes, Mar 31, 2016.

1. kidinthebushes

Trusted

Fireworks' From Mountain Movers to Lazy Lovers was played between sets. So good.

marceting and joe.boy.fresh. like this.
  2. joe.boy.fresh.

Trusted

Taking Back Sunday:

Cute without the e
    Liar
    Flicker, fade
    What's it feel like to be a ghost
    A decade under the influence
    Stood a chance
    You're so last summer
    New song
    Timberwolves
    Better homes and gardens
    Error: operator
    New song
    Makedamnsure

3. kidinthebushes

Trusted

TBS played 8:15 to 9:10.

They opened with Cute Without The E. Bold move. They did play two new songs. The first one was slower. The second one was a straight up punk song.

4. kidinthebushes

Trusted

My friend said she saw Joe too.

5. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

I was hoping TBS would switch up their set more, but they sounded phenomenal.

I bought a cheap seat ticket on Stubhub for $20 two hours before the show and made it into the pit. Worth it.

joe.boy.fresh. likes this.
  6. kidinthebushes

Trusted

Dashboard Confessional played from 9:40 to 10:50.

7. kielhauck

itsalldead.com @kielhauck

Man, such a bummer. Really hoped they'd at least slip "Voices" in or something. Oh well.

8. kidinthebushes

Trusted

The Early November 6:30-7:00
    Saosin 7:20-7:50
    Taking Back Sunday 8:15-9:10
    Dashboard Confessional 9:40 to 10:50

9. heymattrick

Sending my love

TBS was awesome! Was hoping they'd switch up some of the rest of the set but since it's been a while since I've seen them, still had a great time. The 2nd new song (Tidal Wave) is awesome and I'm sure it'll be the lead single off the new album.

joe.boy.fresh. likes this.
  10. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

the interview that talked about adding a Cove song to the set list said they were working on it, but it didn't seem like it was a start of the tour kind of thing

11. natefoundglory

Trusted Supporter

For their "reunion" tour with Nolan back, they opened with it and hot damn does it set a tone. Crowd went nuts.

12. heymattrick

Sending my love

Yes and I think it worked very effective then. Last night they came out to the Circle of Life and the "siren" intro they used to use when opening with El Paso. So I thought they were gonna start with that, then the music abruptly faded out and Cute started. A little awkward I thought.

13. RIPapdotnet

Anybody have DC and Saosin setlists? Surprised to not see them on setlist.fm or here

14. bradpetrik

Trusted Prestigious

I know a lot of people who got to the show late because Northerly Island is one of the worst places to get to in Chicago.

Daniel182 likes this.
  15. manoverboard365

Trusted

How was the crowd? Was the venue close to full?

16. RIPapdotnet

Yupp, one of my least favorites when I lived in Chicago.

17. kidinthebushes

Trusted

It ended up filling in at least in the pit. It was pretty empty during TEN.

18. kidinthebushes

Trusted

I'm already not looking forward to getting there next month for Brand New.

19. bachna84

we are nothing more than mannequins Prestigious

Thanks for the heads up! I'm going to the show in Cleveland next Sunday and I'm guessing the schedule will be the same there.

I think The Early November's set is alright. I'd like to hear another song or two off of The Room's Too Cold or For All of This, but they have a short set and of course they're going to play a few newer songs.

I'm interested to see what Saosin is playing. I mean, I know it'll be a mix of songs from the Translating the Name EP and their new album but I'm not sure what songs they'll play. I wouldn't mind seeing a Cove-era song, but I kind of doubt that will happen given that my show is only a week away. I think Sleepers, It's So Simple and Bury Your Head would all sound pretty good with Anthony.

Taking Back Sunday's set looks pretty good. I'm glad that they're not playing Faith. I just don't really like that song. I didn't really like their self-titled album very much and I think the only songs from it that they should ever play again are El Paso, This Is All Now and Call Me in the Morning. Not really a lot of surprises in their set, but it'll be cool to see a couple new songs.

Dashboard's set is up on setlist.fm but there are a couple of songs that were unknown. I'm guessing one of the unknown songs is Stolen probably. Anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing them since I've only seen them once before-back in the Fall of 2006 headlining with Brand New opening (right before The Devil and God...came out).

Should be a fun show though! I'm interested to see how how well the Cleveland show sells.

20. kidinthebushes

Trusted

I ended up paying $30 for parking in the garage. We were already running a little behind. For the next time, Is there free parking anywhere near there?

21. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

Not really. This venue used to offer free parking at Soldier Field with the ticket purchase, but it seems that is no more. I walked about two miles straight from work to get there last night.

22. joe.boy.fresh.

Trusted

I walked by a saw the Saosin set list but didn't get a pic of it. My bad on that one. The new songs sounded great though.

And I'm only familiar with a handful of DC songs.

They opened with vindicated,l. And also played don't wait, as lovers go, stolen, saints and sailors, hands down, a new song, and like 7 or so others. I'm mad I wasn't more familiar with the non hits because they were fantastic.

23. kidinthebushes

Trusted

I thought I remember there being free parking at one point which surprised me.

24. heymattrick

Sending my love

The stands were mostly empty but the pit and lower seating was filled up. Don't know DC all that well but they opened with Vindicated

25. natefoundglory

Trusted Supporter

The amount of people who don't know Dashboard that well is surprising.