Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Tame Impala - The Slow Rush (February 14, 2020) Album • Page 9

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by username, Oct 24, 2019.

1. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

goddamn the opener on this thing fucks

waking season, RyanRyan and beachdude like this.
  2. RyanRyan

Breathe Deeper is the standout track for me!

Spazzy McGee and beachdude like this.
  3. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Very nice first listen but not many WOW moments, just mostly "yeah this is Tame Impala doin some Tame Impala shit here and it grooves." Opening track is the standout on first listen

ItsAndrew likes this.
  4. Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

Love what he did to the album version of “Borderline”.

waking season, RyanRyan and Rowan5215 like this.
  5. RyanRyan

I’m seriously so in love with Breathe Deeper. Unreal.

6. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

"Is It True" is really hitting for me, can't believe that wasn't a single

RyanRyan, Spazzy McGee and beachdude like this.
  7. azzy01

Regular

I think this is one of these rare albums where every single track is really strong on its own, so there's less standout moments. But the album's a whole is on another level of quality.

8. gonna wait till friday at this point but i'm excited for it

9. this is incredible

RyanRyan likes this.
  10. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Man this is so good I wanna dance forever

macbethfan and RyanRyan like this.
  11. RyanRyan

:musicnote:If you need someone to tell you that you’re special, I cannn, believe me, I cannn, believe me, I cannn :musical:

Carrow likes this.
  12. macbethfan

Trusted Supporter

Here's a little anecdote about that song: "There was a song, 'Is It True', that was only half-finished at about midnight. It was a demo that I'd recorded in about six hours almost a year before. From about midnight to eight am was when I completed the rest of the song which was writing, recording and mixing. That song was about one minute long until midnight, 21 November. And then I finished the whole album the next morning."

This man is an incredible musician/producer. Just wow.

azzy01 and waking season like this.
  13. The album version of Borderline drinks the single version's milkshake. So much fucking better.

ChiliTacos and radiodead like this.
  14. FlayedManOfSF

Trusted

On my first listen through and It Might Be Time is my favorite so far. It's so mellow and almost sounds like there's no guitars though I know it's just Kevin's gnarly production.

15. oh sick!

16. one more year is dope

waking season likes this.
  17. to be honest I loved Borderline from the beginning, but now it really goes off

18. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I kinda feel the same, I didn't listen to the single a ton so I can't tell you WHAT is different, but this one reallly groooves

beachdude, jordalsh and Carrow like this.
  19. Owlex

free snewt Prestigious

Yep, I’m a lot more about this album version of it

20. Chcurry182

Trusted Supporter

Good question. I just used it to stream but now I notice that its the only page associated with the band and it doesn't have any links for physical pre-orders.

21. Plus we'd know if they had an official Bandcamp. I hope nobody's bought it off there :eyes:

22. Chcurry182

Trusted Supporter

Hopefully not. I edited the post with a note not to purchase. Should I remove it since it's technically a leak then?

23. I grabbed the leak after reading the Stereogum article and am really feeling this overall. I shouldn't have doubted him.