Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Tame Impala - The Slow Rush (February 14, 2020) Album • Page 16

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by username, Oct 24, 2019.

1. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

obviously the best track

phaynes12 likes this.
  2. Wharf Rat

I know a little something you won't ever know Prestigious

my literal only complaint with this is that the general sound and vibe of the whole thing is pretty similar. which could just as easily be a plus in certain situations but the way i listen to music makes it a little harder for me to get a feel for it

Drewski and username like this.
  3. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

tracks 1,6,7,9,11,&12 dont do a whole lot for me still

GrantCloud likes this.
  4. mattav152

Release My Mind, My Garden Grows

I've really been digging this record. I think over time I'll still consider Currents to be a bit better than this overall. Currents is more diverse with a better flow through the track listing. Not to say the songs on The Slow Rush blend together too much for my liking, nor do I find there to be any lulls in the run time, but it is a more cohesive collection of songs. There's no major standouts per se like The Less I Know The Better. I guess you could say I see this as more "focused" than Currents. Honestly I'm just happy this exists and is finally out and we didnt end up with a Currents 2.0.

zachmacD and ChiliTacos like this.
  5. Blainer93

Prestigious Supporter

I love On Track the most the last day or two

Smage likes this.
  6. Transient_Hymn

Somebody Turn the Neon Down Supporter

Adoring this.
    Like it more every listen. Especially the opening track.

7. The break and turnaround in Breathe Deeper is still throwing me for a loop, I never expect it.

8. elphshelf

100% made of farts Supporter

Interested to see how this charts. Definitely won’t beat Bieber tho

zachmacD likes this.
  9. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

It’ll be closer than the Biebs wants though

10. mattav152

Release My Mind, My Garden Grows

I watched their 2019 Glastonbury set last night and I need them to headline a show in Boston asap with these new tracks. Just take my damn money please. Honestly considering getting a day pass for Gov Ball at this point.

waking season likes this.
  11. zachmacD

Trusted

Last I checked, it was like #5 on Itunes. Not sure how that transfers to actual album sales/streams

12. zachmacD

Trusted

I finally listened to the album stoned. “Breathe Deeper” is on another level

beachdude, RoKKeR, macbethfan and 3 others like this.
  13. zachmacD

Trusted

I’ve been listening to it on shuffle and it’s allowed me to listen to each song as it’s own thing instead of them all blending together

mattav152 likes this.
  14. RoKKeR

The Fly

This whole album really came together for me today. It really feels like a more mature, thoughtful, and refined older brother of Currents.

I think it stumbles a bit out of the gate, as the only moment that hits between the first two songs is “one year from today” (which is an awesome moment) but once you get to Borderline it’s straight bangers until the end.

Posthumous Forgiveness is just incredible. The groove in the first half, and then the light music combined with totally heart wrenching lyrics in the second half are are amazing. Breathe Deeper is so fucking groovy I can hardly take it, plus the last third sounds like some Discovery-era Daft Punk shit. Love it.

Finally I think One More Hour really came together for me today as well. So much restraint in that song but it still manages to sound huge and really go places. All this and I think It Might Be Time is the best track and one of my favorite Tame Impala songs ever.

Gonna need this on vinyl.

zachmacD and Cameron like this.
  15. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

I was jamming it hard on the weekend

16. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Some of the tones he captured on this are fantastic

RoKKeR and zachmacD like this.
  17. zachmacD

Trusted

Looks like it debuted at number 3 on billboard

18. PauLo

43% Burnt

19. Allhailburnzy

Trusted Supporter

Was kinda underwhelmed by this album at first due to my love for Currents..

But after coming back to it, it's great.

Is it true is a jam.

Posthumous Forgiveness is phenomenal.

RoKKeR likes this.
  20. RoKKeR

The Fly

Agreed that my first listen was slightly underwhelming, but the more I listen and the more I think about it could it possibly be... better than Currents? Almost impossible to say but there are MANY moments on this album that are truly transcendent.

zachmacD likes this.
  21. Irra

This album is fantastic! Truly surprised by how much I enjoy it.

zachmacD likes this.
  22. cherrywaves

Trusted

who?

23. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

Breathe Deeper fucks

trevorshmevor, Cameron and zachmacD like this.
  24. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I have no idea why the fuck it took me so long to dive into Tame Impala's discography but I finally am and holy shit Lonerism and Currents are amazing, totally live up to the hype. I did really like InnerSpeaker too. Listening to the new one tonight

25. zachmacD

Trusted

Yeah, they have a solid discography. InnerSpeaker was the first thing I heard from them but I think that’s my least favorite. The slow rush is awesome. Excited to hear your thoughts