Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Tame Impala - The Slow Rush (February 14, 2020) Album • Page 14

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by username, Oct 24, 2019.

1. cherrywaves

Trusted

This is good but it’s not Currents-good

kyle likes this.
  2. username

hey you lil piss baby

I definitely need to give it a headphones listen ASAP. Lots of bits sounded really cool when I played it but it mostly sat in the background. I also need to go in again because I had very different expectations. I assumed it would be a lot poppier but honestly it reminds me of Lonerism with more of Currents digital sheen.

Your Milkshake likes this.
  3. zachmacD Feb 15, 2020
    (Last edited: Feb 21, 2020)
    zachmacD

Trusted

New album is awesome. I’m personally glad we didn’t get a Currents pt. 2

macbethfan and RyanRyan like this.
  4. I think this is gonna wind up being my second favorite Tame Impala album. Lonerism is truly fantastic, but I didn't get into the band until Currents and this album is speaking to me on a very similar level.

Really, really came around on "Borderline" as well

5. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

this version of "Borderline" smashes the OG into pieces

Carrow and Cameron like this.
  6. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Lol I'm probably in the minority but I definitely prefer the original Borderline. Currently Apple Music has two versions of the album, one with the original Borderline and one with the new version, and I've been listening to the one with the original :crylaugh:

7. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Breathe Deeper is my shiiiiiiiiit

8. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

On this wave. Strongly prefer the original.

beachdude likes this.
  9. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

I prefer parts of the original to the new one and parts of the new one to the original. The one big thing I miss on the new one is the “aaahhh” at the beginning but I love the synth bass at the end. Both versions are great.

Your Milkshake and beachdude like this.
  10. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

11. username

hey you lil piss baby

I’ve been thinking about the parallel between the reception of both albums since I saw that score lol

12. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

Both incredibly long waits too

13. username

hey you lil piss baby

It even goes as far as both of them getting BNM for their first three records. Plus Modern Vampires and Currents both for 9.3 lol. There was a lot of scepticism leading up to the release of both and then the reception ended up being almost unanimously positive (especially critically, maybe less clear from fans). And by the end of the year FOTB was being championed as one of the year’s best and I feel the same will happen here.

It’s kinda fascinating that there’s something of a defined cycle for these “indie rock” bands once they reach a certain threshold.

14. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

I adore Breathe Deeper

15. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

8s the right score I think. new VW may be a little worse than that.

jorbjorb likes this.
  16. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

I wish Glimmer was longer

17. ImAMetaphor

absence 8/20/21 Prestigious

This might be his best work

Aaron Mook and macbethfan like this.
  18. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

again, im sure it'll change with more listens, but i definitely prefer FOTB at this point

ChiliTacos likes this.
  19. zachmacD

Trusted

I’m going to need like a month with this record to know where it sits. With Currents, I liked a couple songs when it dropped and slowly but surely one song after another became my new favorite. I’m already in love with half the record so this might top Currents eventually.

macbethfan likes this.
  20. Blainer93

Prestigious Supporter

Another good interview

beachdude likes this.
  21. azzy01

Regular

Did anyone else find Zane wasn't being himself during this interview? Like he was less talkative and didn't follow up with several of the answers Kevin gave? Cut just be how they cut the Interview, but it just came across as awkward sometimes. Also, Kevin seems uncomfortable in parts of it. Idk, I could just be reading into it

22. skoopy

Regular

Its tough because I find this to be a better front to back album than currents but that one undeniably has a wider set of really strong songs for me.

zachmacD and macbethfan like this.
  23. Owlex

free snewt Prestigious

Love when he busts out the “real” drums out on some of these songs. The rhythm and beats in general of these songs are probably my favorite part of the record

beachdude, macbethfan and Carrow like this.
  24. macbethfan

Trusted Supporter

This interview had such a weird rollout. You had the initial 10-minute version of the video interview, which was put up on Apple Music alongside the full interview that was only the audio. The full video interview popped up on Friday on Interscope Records Youtube channel of all places. There was something off about the interview though, which is a bummer since I typically enjoy Zane's interviews and really wanted a great one with Kevin. Still learned a lot though and it was really cool seeing part of his home.

25. macbethfan

Trusted Supporter

He stated in some interviews that the rhythm sections are the parts he finds most important in his songs, over melodies and harmonies, other instruments, etc... Drums were the first instrument he learned too. It's funny how those sorts of life experiences can influence how you work later on in life.

beachdude and Owlex like this.