Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Tame Impala - The Slow Rush (February 14, 2020) Album • Page 13

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by username, Oct 24, 2019.

1. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

ohh I thought you meant the songs next to PF

waking season and Aaron Mook like this.
  2. zmtr

Trusted

I'm a pretty casual fan of this band. This album is pretty instantly my favorite thing he's done.

Posthumous Forgiveness is incredible

3. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Some crazy takes in here.

Anyways album is great. Breathe Deeper was sweet.

zachmacD, RyanRyan and Blainer93 like this.
  4. SPine

Trusted

Currents will forever be my favorite but this is a very welcomed addition. Looks like I'm going to travel again to see Kevin & band this year.

trevorshmevor and waking season like this.
  5. jorbjorb

7 rings

I'm starting to think that I like this more than currents.

zachmacD and LWS like this.
  6. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

I don't know if I like individual songs more than the highlights off of Currents, but I would definitely rather listen to this all the way through than Currents.

zachmacD, zmtr and jorbjorb like this.
  7. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

obv early but theres a handful of tracks here that dont do a whole lot for me comparitively and I really want them to

8. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

Breathe Deeper is addicting.

9. Blainer93

Prestigious Supporter

Carrow likes this.
  10. Wharf Rat

I know a little something you won't ever know Prestigious

this good

trevorshmevor, beachdude and Cameron like this.
  11. henryviolence

I didn’t love Currents outside of the hits as much as the rest of the world but this is really doing it for me. One More Year is an instant classic.

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  12. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

almost every song on currents is a hit

13. While this may be true, they're probably referring to the singles, which were indeed fucking huge.

macbethfan and henryviolence like this.
  14. Bane

The spiciest meme

Is it bad that I only really got into Tame Impala after hearing Rihanna's version of New Person Same Old Mistakes, that song absolutely floored me when I first heard it. Before that I had heard a song or two between Innerspeaker and Lonerism but it hadn't clicked yet.

On topic, this album is super great and Tame Impala has now become one of my favorite things to listen to while drinking wine (which is fitting considering ha)

macbethfan, zachmacD, Cameron and 2 others like this.
  15. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Sorry if this was already mentioned, but it’s funny to me how there’s two versions of the album on Apple Music currently, and the only difference is one has the original Borderline and the other has the new/shorter version.

16. Y'know... I wonder if he also reworked Patience, because that's a bonus track on the Japanese edition of the album?

17. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

I think Ive heard 3/4 of that album in public spaces haha

beachdude and Carrow like this.
  18. henryviolence

Yeah. I meant the singles. Obviously.

19. Imagine not loving this record

20. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

@ me

i like it. it's not bad. definitely don't love it like his others at this point though.

Drew Beringer and Your Milkshake like this.
  21. This is a jam. Not as into it as Currents but that could change.

22. Gonna wait until the Discogs page for the album is updated, I have a sneaking suspicion it might just be the version released last year but we'll see!

23. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

what purpose does Glimmer serve on this album? It makes me want to hear Kevin make a serious attempt at something house-y but then the song is never allowed to be anything more than a generic synth riff before the track fizzles out one minute later. why is this on the album.

conversely, tracks like nangs and disciples on currents are very engaging and unique even if they are to be considered segue tracks or filler.

phaynes12 likes this.
  24. mad

I was right. Prestigious

I’m enjoying this quite a bit

Cameron and jorbjorb like this.
  25. RyanRyan

I love glimmer it’s a glimmer of hope for sexy house music in the future releases