Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Tame Impala - The Slow Rush (February 14, 2020) Album • Page 12

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by username, Oct 24, 2019.

1. blast0rama

Internet human. Supporter

Damn, this is just the thing I needed on a cold Friday morning. Hell yeah.

waking season and JM95 like this.
  2. sean_rugy

select all delete Prestigious

On Track :heart:

Smage and Justin Roux like this.
  3. jorbjorb

7 rings

Loving this.

4. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

First song already slaps, so I'm real pumped for the rest.

5. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

This will be great to play in the summertime. I'm enjoying it a lot so far. Is It True and Breathe Deeper are absolute flames. Some tracks lost my attention at points like Lost in Yesterday and one or two of the early tracks--but I think they'll probably grow on me in time.

SEANoftheDEAD likes this.
  6. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

zachmacD likes this.
  7. Noradrenaline

Regular

From the Swedish edition of GAFFA:

Imgur Image

I'm imagining Kevin reading this which triggers his PTSD from the feud with Trevor, lol

Your Milkshake likes this.
  8. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

never really "got" Tame Impala before. this was pretty enjoyable and definitely the most i've liked any of his albums.

9. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

The bass in the new version of Borderline reminds me a lot of Myxomatosis by Radiohead

Aaron Mook likes this.
  10. Spazzy McGee

Regular

Don’t think TSR will ever “top” Currents for me but definitely glad to have more new and groovy music from Kev. Lots of excellent and memorable moments on this one, Is It True has been a stand out so far.

11. somethingwitty

Trusted

Breathe Deeper is going to sound absolutely massive live.

12. FUCK TREVOR

Noradrenaline likes this.
  13. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

Really enjoyed the album. Breathe Deeper is insane. New Borderline is sick. This is gonna be great background music for just about anything I could possibly be doing.

waking season likes this.
  14. Owlex

free snewt Prestigious

Posthumous Forgiveness probably the only track that hasn’t really caught me tbh. It’s alright, but I love the rest of the album

Aaron Mook likes this.
  15. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

how

skoopy, SEANoftheDEAD and Micah511 like this.
  16. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

On my 3rd listen and this is even better than I was hoping for. The singles had really started to grow on me anyway, but as a whole they sound fantastic and the whole album feels pretty special

17. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

Im not tryna fight about it but I dont really see how either of those 3 tracks in a row are ballad-y or really any other problem with them being placed next to eachother. Is it the length thats the problem?

18. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

Kevin getting rid of the "L.A. really messed me up" lyric is a sin.

19. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

I need him to play a non-festival Boston show

trevorshmevor likes this.
  20. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

This album is really a great soundtrack for my quarter life crisis, right down to the name check in Lost In Yesterday (I mean I don't go by Matty but close enough)

21. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

This is good, but the trajectory indicates that at some point their entire show is going to be pre-recorded with Kevin Parker occasionally singing.

22. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

why do you say that - this is mostly keys

23. Drewski Feb 14, 2020
    (Last edited: Feb 14, 2020)
    Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

I've seen them 14 or 15 times since early 2013.

I'm really missing the times when there was a full band interplay that breathed life into shows by stretching songs out: getting nice little jams on Desire Be, Desire Go, Half Full Glass of Wine, Apocalypse Dreams, so on.

Yes, the enhanced production is great but I'm seeing some diminishing returns in regards to how planned everything is—pre-recorded drums, vocals, etc. Hoping some new setlist variety will spice things up.

24. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

I imagine most bands aren’t as exciting to see by your 15th time

latortuga and RyanRyan like this.
  25. My qualm with "Posthumous Forgiveness" are unrelated to the other songs. I just think sequencing "Tomorrow's Dust" and "On Track," two similarly subdued, five-minute songs comprised largely of acoustic instrumentation, lends to them somewhat blending together into a 10-minute lull in an otherwise exciting album. It's not even necessarily that the songs are weak, I just think it's a strange sequencing decision.