Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Tame Impala - The Slow Rush (February 14, 2020) Album • Page 11

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by username, Oct 24, 2019.

1. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

First listen, I’m loving this

2. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

You’re absolutely right. I enjoyed all the singles but they work even better in context, especially It Might Be Time.

beachdude, SPine and irthesteve like this.
  3. We got a whole year!

haha fuck yeah

52 weeks!

yup yup truth tell em king

7 days each!

..ha mmhm...

4 seasons!

kevin

4. Real note though this whips ass

5. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

Breathe Deeper, Borderline, Posthumous Forgiveness, Lost in Yesterday, and Instant Destiny are my favorites after two listens

trevorshmevor likes this.
  6. trevorshmevor Feb 13, 2020
    (Last edited: Feb 13, 2020)
    Got a bigquint level “oh shit” from me when it came back in after the initial fade out part

RyanRyan and waking season like this.
  7. RyanRyan

Top misheard lyric in ‘Is It True’ - when Kevin says ‘it’s a promise I can’t make’ I legit thought he was saying ‘I’ma suck an egg’.

8. RyanRyan

Glimmer gives me feels

9. PauLo Feb 14, 2020
    (Last edited: Feb 14, 2020)
    PauLo

43% Burnt

Got 5 songs in before turning it off. What I heard wasn't bad. I just kept waiting for the songs to kick in, but they were just... there. Will go back and listen to the rest later, maybe I just wasn't awake enough earlier.

Posthumous Forgiveness slaps, though.

Your Milkshake likes this.
  10. Opener is so nice y'all weren't kidding

beachdude, macbethfan, Carrow and 2 others like this.
  11. I like how uninterested Kevin was in having a self-conscious 'hit' on here. He could have capitalised on how big Let It Happen and TLIKTB were and played that up on the album, but there isn't anything comparable to those on here, aside from maybe Lost in Yesterday which absolutely fucking SLAPS.

beachdude, macbethfan, mad and 6 others like this.
  12. Chcurry182

Trusted Supporter

Is It True is an early standout for me, besides the singles

13. Halfway through and my only complaints are that I still don't love the first half of "Posthumous Forgiveness," and in an hour-long album, I don't know why you would sequence two five-minute "ballads" back to back. The music is so pleasant that I don't really mind, it's just a lull in an otherwise stellar listening experience

14. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

I see a lot of people talking about not liking Posthumous Forgiveness but it's been a favorite of mine since it was released as a single.

beachdude and RyanRyan like this.
  15. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

as someone who loves everything this guy does (even the first album more than most others around here) after first listen of this newest album I didnt think I would feel the way that I do. more listens are in order.

GrantCloud likes this.
  16. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

Posthumous Forgiveness and Lost In Yesterday are masterpieces

17. Micah511

Breathe Deeper is that jam

beachdude, Cameron, Blainer93 and 3 others like this.
  18. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

I didn’t expect to like this as much as I do. I don’t really like anything of his pre-Currents but this is great on first listen.

19. Micah511

Yeah I'm not a fan of pre-Currents Tame Impala at all, just not my thing. Loved everything since though.

20. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

yall are crazy

21. Micah511

Usually I can talk about an album and talk about likes/dislikes/specifics after a couple listens, but there is too much going on for me to really give any sort of analysis. I know I like it. Is It True and Breathe Deeper have been standouts after two listens.

RyanRyan likes this.
  22. Noradrenaline

Regular

This kinda made Is It True one of my favourites so far, haha. The sync is perfect.

Edit: Apparently I can't embed an imgur-video, so here's just the link.

trevorshmevor and jorbjorb like this.
  23. sean_rugy

select all delete Prestigious

about halfway though and this rules. loved Breathe Deeper.

RyanRyan, trevorshmevor and jorbjorb like this.
  24. PauLo

43% Burnt

Currents is where I fell off. I loved everything pre that and nothing since has really interested me. I'll always give their stuff (well... his stuff) a listen, but they really fell away once they stopped being a band and it became more and more about Kevin Parker. I know it's pretty much always been that way, but Currents onwards is where is really showed and not always for the best.

25. Jim

Trusted Supporter

Found a pic of the vinyl. My goodness.

upload_2020-2-14_8-57-26.png

Aaron Mook, macbethfan, K0ta and 9 others like this.