Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Talking Heads Band

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by DaydreamNation, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Taking advantage of a once in a lifetime opportunity to say that this must be the place to discuss the Talking Heads. It's a new feeling, but hey...the heat goes on.

One Man's Tracks likes this.
  2. Cody

itsgrocer.bandcamp.com Prestigious

Working through their entire discography over the past few days. Getting through Remain in Light and and Speaking in Tongues tonight. This band fucking rules.

DaydreamNation likes this.
  3. Full Effect Ed

...In F*cking Full Effect Prestigious

"This Must Be The Place" is one of my top five favorite songs of all time. I love David Byrne so much

4. The Name of This Band Is Talking Heads remains one of the best live albums of all time. Don't sleep on it.

amorningofsleep likes this.
  5. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

Oh hai, I'm onboard with this.

DaydreamNation likes this.
  6. amorningofsleep

No-rope barbed wire Jones

The "(Nothing) But Flowers" single is still the first piece of vinyl I purchased. I love these guys. Always my go to for party music.

7. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

Cities is such a jam

8. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

9. Slangster

Won "Best Hog" at the Hog Shit Snarfing Contest Supporter

Just watched "Stop Making Sense" for the first time. Holy shit.

DarkHotline likes this.
  10. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

chewbacca110 likes this.
  11. Coachella

12. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

Finally checked these guys out cause of the Blank Check episode on SMS. Not sure I can ever enjoy their studio versions as much as those live ones. Walking downtown with “Slippery People” on full blast in my ears last night was a fucking transcendent experience.

13. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Doing their discography today. 77 is still their most overlooked album imo. One of their strongest releases. Buildings and Food is a step down, but still great. On Fear of Music now. This is a great one.

14. OhTheWater Mar 27, 2020
    (Last edited: Mar 27, 2020)
    OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

I gotta say, I think Remain in Light is their third best release.
    Fear of Music
    Remain in Light
    Buildings
    Speaking in Tongues

15. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

The horns in Love -> Building on Fire are so gooooood. Total Motown sound

16. Steeeve Perry

Trusted

I've tried getting into this band properly this year. While I don't think I'll ever love them, listening to their whole discography it starts all coming together for me more. They remind me of Modest Mouse, honing their sound for a few increasingly (or at least equally) great records then finishing with their easiest to listen to records, retaining their quirks but with a pop sheen.
    When I got into Modest Mouse I loved Good News and We Were Dead first, then over time their earlier, less poppy albums worked their way to become my favs. I think the same will happen with Talking Heads

17. I like all of their albums but Remain in Light and '77 are definitely loveable!

18. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Talking Heads reviews on p4k today

Steeeve Perry and DaydreamNation like this.
  19. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

20. That's not really a fair seeding for "The Big Country" imo

21. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Burning Down The House vs Once In A Lifetime in the second round was impossible so I gave up lol

22. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Flowers vs. Place in the first is insane!

One Man's Tracks likes this.
  23. Band needs a full 64-slot bracket clearly

24. I think no matter how I slice it the finals Lifetime vs Punches for me though

25. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

This Must Be The Place takes it for me but Christ, this is tough. If Love -> Building was in any other section it'd be in the final 4, at least.