Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Taking Back Sunday Band • Page 8

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by JordanKTM, Apr 25, 2016.

1. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I've always found "Where My Mouth Is" to be kind of dull. For such an emotional subject, it doesn't really bring a whole lot of feeling.

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  2. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

"Where My Mouth Is" is very emotionally charged to me. One of their best tracks.

I'll never understand the dislike for "Cut Me Up Jenny". It sounds like any other TBS song to me.

3. Craig Ismaili

@tgscraig Prestigious

4. CoffeeEyes17

The bonus tracks from the S/T are better than half that album

5. Halcyon

I really liked El Paso to be honest. Some of the songs on that album (namely the second half) are real stinkeroonies though

6. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

El Paso is excellent, top notch song

7. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

Randomly caught most of their set last night across the river, but the new song they played sounded interesting. Had a Ramones/Menzingers/power pop/punk vibe. I actually enjoyed the song a lot, and I haven't been into much since Louder Now.

8. Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

9. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

"Seinfeld"

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  10. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

So Adam actually has a southern accent now.. I thought it was a singing thing but it's there when he talks to the crowd too.. He also acts like a preacher calling everyone ladies and gentleman and offering life advice to the crowd.. They sounded awful at taste of chaos.. Like most of the vocals out of tune most of the guitar parts didn't cut through and he old songs just sounded weird with him singing cute without the e like a southerner.. I may be done with this band.. I loved them for a really long time, I even liked happiness is but the direction that these new songs are going in arnt for me... Sorry needed to vent.. The whole thing is just confusing to me, someone convince me I am wrong

11. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I feel like he's been doing the southern preacher thing on stage since Louder Now came out.

12. devenstonow

Noobie

Little known fact: Kevin Spacey came up with his Frank Underwood accent after seeing TBS perform.

13. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

I saw him at amnesia rockfest two years ago and xfinity live shortly after that and he wasn't nearly as bad as it is now

14. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I remember it really annoying me during the Louder Now/New Again years. It felt so forced, like something the Warner Bros convinced him to do. It died down a bit when John and Shaun came back, but from the sound of it it's picked back up. Which is disappointing.

15. bored6

Not sure if we were at the same date (on Long Island), but I 100% agree with you. They sounded god awful and Adam's stage presence and interaction is beyond douchey. I cringed when he went on his spiel on how he was there for everyone's major life events through songs. Never mind his fake accent and ladies and gentleman thing. I always thought he acted like an ass since I first saw them when WYWTB came out, but it has gotten to an unbearable level now. 100 percent seemed to have transitioned to a nostalgia act at this point.

teebs41 likes this.
  16. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

yea.. i mean its really weird.. its interesting I felt like I was the only one who knew anything post louder now. only played two songs off of happiness is and then they played two songs off of the upcoming record. one that sounded like the ramones meets drop kick murphys.. NO I AM NOT KIDDING. soo. yea I'm unfortunately thinking about washing my hands of this band.. they had a nice run for me. but idk maybe I'll come back around.. i'll def listen to the new record maybe a few songs can grab me.

17. Preserved Moose

Amateur Hour

I always thought his on stage accent was like a way of dealing with shyness or self consciousness when talking to the crowd by putting on a fake voice. I don't mind it. I don't like when he sings with that accent either though.

18. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

I could get behind that logic if thats the case.. does he talk like this in interviews?

19. Preserved Moose

Amateur Hour

I don't think so. I'm not sure if I've actually heard him give my reason for his on stage accent or whether I've just made it up but it would kinda make sense I guess? I think he's just obsessed with Tom Petty.

20. Craig Ismaili

@tgscraig Prestigious

The 2 new songs were bad at Taste of Chaos. Hopefully better in context of the album

teebs41 likes this.
  21. Collins

Trusted

I feel like people criticize their live performances often but I've seen them 8 times and have always had a blast, but maybe I just get lucky.

I hope the new stuff is more in the straight forward poppy direction like Best Places.

Kingjohn_654 and RJ Knorr like this.
  22. Craig Ismaili

@tgscraig Prestigious

From the two songs they played at ToC that is not at all the case. I adore Best Places and neither of these had anywhere near that vibe.

23. Ben Lee

I drink coffee and dad my kids Supporter

That new Ramones sounding song sounds fun and upbeat.

24. Craig Ismaili

@tgscraig Prestigious

It's literally a shameless rip off of the Blitzkreig Bop melody.

I don't know it didn't sound like them at all which was my issue with it

25. CoffeeEyes17

I mean Adam is from NC and we have thick southern accents here. I think he more tried to hide it back in the day and now he embraces it.

I get embarrassed about my accent daily.

New songs sounded good live imo