Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Taking Back Sunday Band • Page 7

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by JordanKTM, Apr 25, 2016.

1. Ben Lee

I drink coffee and dad my kids Supporter

I just want a solo Adam Lazzara folk record. "Because it Works" was a great tune.

2. Craig Ismaili

@tgscraig Prestigious

Song for song, New Again is definitely my least favorite, though there are definitely a few on there I love: Carpathia (espec. the alt version,) Everything Must Go, Sink Into Me, even the title track. Cut Me Up, Jenny, Catholic Knees, and Capital M-E directly in a row is one of the worst 3 song stretches in the history of music.

3. the further removed I get, the more I feel like "El Paso" doesn't really work. it got me hyped beyond belief when it was released and I like the direction and the attempt to do something kind of different but I feel like the execution isn't really there and the production really doesn't work with it.

imo, "It Doesn't Feel A Thing Like Falling" would have made a better opener.

4. Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

Sad Saviour is a top 5 tbs song for me.

5. Collins

Trusted

This Is All Now and Call Me In The Morning are two of the best TBS songs easily, You Got Me is a jam and Since You're Gone is fun as well. It's not their best but for a comeback album I really enjoyed it.

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  6. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

"Sad Savior" is a good one. "Call Me In The Morning" is a TBS classic for sure. I don't know if I really hate on the self-titled, but there's just a lot of forgettable stuff on there.

7. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

aw i love capital m-e. such a great chorus

8. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

Lol no way that album is great and 2 of those 3 songs are excellent

9. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

"capital m-e" and "summer man" are so so amazing, hard for me to write off that album completely even though the problems the band have with it (it does sorta sound like shit (though in a different way from how the s/t sounds like shit) and parts of it feel half-written and rushed) are legit

10. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

those songs are all boring as fuck

11. cut me up jenny is their worst song. I tried listening today and nope still do not like at all. New Again is great though

teebs41, MegT585 and aoftbsten like this.
  12. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I've tried to like "Cut Me Up Jenny", but it really is just an awful song. I love "Summer, Man" though. It just has a good vibe to it.

13. that first verse in summer, man is one of the best parts of the album.

14. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

oh and the s/t, while it has its issues, was enormously important to me when it came out. i was falling for someone when i first heard "call me in the morning," etc. i still think "best places" is one of the best tbs songs ever

15. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

counting one to seven through the roof / if my lady only knew how high i am, i am tonight

16. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

ah shit i'm not ok with louder now being 10 years old

Jdaniels likes this.
  17. Preserved Moose

Amateur Hour

Mackey Sasser should have opened Self titled.

18. LuigiPeppercorn

Trusted Prestigious

Cut Me Up Jenny only sucks because Adam forgot he hit puberty years ago and tried hitting all of those high notes. Instrumentally its one of the more interesting songs on the album, but Adam sounds awful on it. Speaking on New Again, the Lonely, Lonely riff is still one of my favorite riffs the band has ever produced. Such a jam

19. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

New Again is a top 3 tbs album

20. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I will admit I was really interested in "Cut Me Up Jenny" when I heard that guitar intro, but the lyrics and Adams delivery are just awful. If there's one song from New Again I wish they'd play its "Swing". Such a good song.

21. RJ Knorr Jun 7, 2016
    (Last edited: Jun 7, 2016)
    RJ Knorr

Trusted Supporter

image.png
    It looks like their IG was hacked?

22. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

:heart: knew i could count on you.

Zac Djamoos likes this.
  23. schackbr

Regular

Cute Without the 'E' (Cut from the Team)
    Liar (It Takes One to Know One)
    Flicker, Fade
    What's It Feel Like to Be a Ghost?
    A Decade Under the Influence
    Stood a Chance
    You're So Last Summer
    Holy Water
    Timberwolves at New Jersey
    Better Homes and Gardens
    Error: Operator
    Tidal Wave
    MakeDamnSure

looks like the set for Taste of Chaos has been the same most nights according to setlist.fm

not sure how i feel about 2 new songs in a relatively short set, especially without any of them being properly released yet.

still really stoked for next friday at PNC though.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  24. Collins

Trusted

I'm literally the only TBS fan who loves Cut Me Up Jenny haha. I love the groove of the verses, if he didn't scream Cut Me Up Jenny the song would be a lot better too.

Swing is one of those songs I don't listen to often but whenever I do I fucking love it. Anytime I see Fazzi at a show I compliment him on that intro. I think Mark contributed to it as well since he writes a lot of the music. New Again is pretty underrated, it's got some duds but Swing, Carpathia, Everything Must Go, Where My Mouth Is, Summer Man, Jenny, and Sink Into Me are all quality TBS tracks

25. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

You're not the only one! I love Cut Me Up Jenny as well as the rest of the album.