Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Taking Back Sunday Band • Page 6

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by JordanKTM, Apr 25, 2016.

1. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Ooooo looks like a lot of John in that second song! Nice

Kingjohn_654, Daniel182 and teebs41 like this.
  2. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Glad to see a lot of john, but that song sounds like a Ramones cover or something lol

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  3. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Lol yeah I definitely had to give it a second listen to make sure it wasn't a Ramones cover

teebs41 likes this.
  4. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

Haha, yeah. I instantly thought Ramones when they played it last night.

5. Ben Lee

I drink coffee and dad my kids Supporter

That's true. I was most looking forward to Saosin as well, but I think Dashboard stole the night. They sounded great.

6. jco3

Regular

Would really be interested if there was some new video of their other new tune... Just throwing that out there. Also, yeah, 'Tidal Wave' reminds me of Tom Petty and The Ramones.

7. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

Saosin is probably the best live act I've ever seen

Petit nain des Îles and teebs41 like this.
  8. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Which lineup?

9. Owlex

free snewt Prestigious

Saosin at Warped in 2009 was probably the worst (big band) live act I've ever seen heh. Probably just had a bad day but it was bad.

10. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

With Anthony green, haha. At skate and surf two(?) years ago

11. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

I heard "Nothing at All" play in a restaurant tonight. So unexpected.

12. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

Saw them on Saturday..Those two new songs do not sound good. But their set was great.

13. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

In hindsight the S/T is actually a really great album with only one major misstep in the form of "Money"

14. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

S/T is awesome in hindsight, also in regular time when it was released and ever since then :-p

Letterbomb31 likes this.
  15. about half of it is great. other half is meh to bad. production on all of it is god awful

I think Faith is among their very worst

Petit nain des Îles and Ben Lee like this.
  16. nohandstoholdonto

problem addict Prestigious

Self-titled is their worst by far imo. Only one I'll probably never re-visit in full.

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  17. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Yeah I don't listen to that album in full at all...it really felt more like a collection of songs than a cohesive album. But I do like a bunch of them.

18. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Totally disagree with all that, but whatever

19. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Self-titled is probably my least favorite as well. I'll always wonder what that album would sound like with a different producer though, because I love the six demos we got from the record.

20. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Yeah I liked the demos a lot too. It's not my least favorite, New Again has that title for me. #BasicTBSfan

21. Owlex

free snewt Prestigious

El Paso is probably the only one that I love.
    Best Places To Be A Mom and It Doesn't Feel a Thing are also pretty good. Pretty disappointing overall tho

22. devenstonow

Noobie

whoa there faith is one of the best choruses TBS ever made.

Almost said songs until I realized I was confusing it with This Is All Now

23. Craig Ismaili

@tgscraig Prestigious

El Paso gets me amped, Faith is as someone mentioned probably the best chorus on the whole thing, one of my favorites from the album.

Replace the Best Places to Be a Mom version with the demo version they sent out before the album dropped and that's great (Adam's performance in the album version is just so breathy it's distracting- Valentine has to cut some of those deep breaths out as a producer),

I like the build of Sad Savior, but it's definitely not near the top songs on here.

Money is garbage water

Who are you is really really bad until it kicks into that big chorus, and it gets much better from there.

This is All Now and Call Me In The Morning are each top 7 Taking Back Sunday songs,

It Doesn't Feel a Thing Like Falling could've been better sure, but that verse that ends "wash my filthy hands" into that bridge with Adam and John echoing back and forth and then coming back to harmonize hits me so hard.

The failing of Adam's voice (probably due to incessant smoking), which was much more apparent on New Again than here, is probably worst on Since You're Gone. I like that Beatles-esque bridge though

Album is probably the one I come back to the most in their discography surprisingly, though I still probably think.

You Got Me is probably the most old-school Taking Back Sunday on the record, but I can't get over the fact that that bridge is 10x more effective and devastating as the chorus of Good Mourning (which by the way is a joke that that song didn't make the album)

And as I said Call Me In The Morning is god damn perfect.

This has been a live listen recap of my thoughts when revisiting the S/T

24. Sad Savior is actually one of my favorites. It feels like Adam doesn't over reach with his voice.

maybe I like the record more than I thought.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  25. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

Yeah I'm starting to realize I actually love the S/T.

I guess song for song Louder Now is probably my least favorite