Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Taking Back Sunday Band • Page 5

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by JordanKTM, Apr 25, 2016.

1. god the drums on the s/t suffer

2. Preserved Moose

Amateur Hour

Joining in with the Brooklyn love. My Blue Heaven is my favourite song on LN. There's nothing better than guitars and violins haha.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  3. Sal Paradise

Trusted

I always felt that New Again was a more consistent listen, but the highs on Louder Now are so much higher.

4. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

Well, all this TBS discussion caused me to cave and buy a ticket for tonight's show in Chicago. Haha.

irthesteve and aoftbsten like this.
  5. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I can't fathom NOT seeing TBS/DC/TEN/Saosin. Such a loaded bill for me

bradsonemanband, airik625 and teebs41 like this.
  6. I don't like Saosin but Philly gets the starting line and 13 year old me would absolutely die immediately (and 22 year old me)

ChrisCantWrite and CoffeeEyes17 like this.
  7. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

New Again is the only album I genuinely dislike. One or two songs are alright, but that's it. I just block that album out of their discography in my head.

8. irthesteve

I get TSL AND Get Up Kids, Hot Rod Circuit and more

9. Daniel182

Exactly. As I'm walking from work to the venue right now, I'm feeling pretty glad I'm going.

irthesteve likes this.
  10. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

Its interesting reading old reviews of WYWTB. It was sort of trashed when it was released, or at the very least seen as a let down. I'm glad history is being much kinder to it since its an excellent album and showcases the best songwriting from these guys. I still think Mascherino was the best guitarist/singer the band ever had but I love what Matt and John brought to the table.

11. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

I'm on the Up Against and I'll Let You live being the worst songs on the album train. Pretty much never listen to those.

I liked a few tracks on New Again, but nothing really stuck. Definitely my least favorite album.

I won't repeat my oft repeated talking point about John needing more vocals these days. Anyone have vids of the two new songs they played??

I can't go to the Philly show because it's the same day that Firefly's last day is going on, ugh. They're playing in the Poconos nextthursday but I don't think my g/f can go. Bleh. Really really wanna see them and Dashboard.

12. andrwzz

Nobody likes you when you're 23

New Again is the only album I've bought from them and I think It's a pretty good record with great songs. Lots of '09 summer nostalgia. I actually got to know them during Louder Now, a good friend from mid school was a huge fan and she let me borrow her cd (loved that record). Never actually listened to their old stuff, besides the singles. Eventually I lost track of their recent music, and just about a month ago I decided to give "Happiness Is" a listen and I remembered why I like this band a lot.

Bring LP7 on!

Jdaniels likes this.
  13. Daniel182

These were the two new songs:

14. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Saosin is the band I'm most excited for

15. Ben Lee

I drink coffee and dad my kids Supporter

They were good, but sloppy at times tonight. They couldn't hold a flame to the performances by TBS and Dashboard.

16. irthesteve

I saw both Saosin and Dashboard last year, Saosin were better

17. nohandstoholdonto

problem addict Prestigious

TEN is the best band on the tour

... and, you know, ever.

CoffeeEyes17, teebs41 and jordalsh like this.
  18. ChrisCantWrite

Trusted Prestigious

I cannot believe that I'm actually seeing TSL and TEN together. Blows my mind.

19. ChrisCantWrite

Trusted Prestigious

These are my two favorite songs from the record haha. Funny how that works..

20. I haven't listened to anything they released post Louder Now. Jeez, that's 10 years now.

21. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

The early November is probably the best live band on the tour for sure

22. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Tbs is so hit or miss live, give Adam 4-5 shows before he blows his voice out. Which means he will sound terrible in Philly. He always sounds great the first couple of nights

23. nohandstoholdonto

Ace is the most consistent live vocalist I've ever seen.

24. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

He really is, and his voice just keeps getting better. I really want to hear some more imbue songs on this tour, prob won't though

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  25. nohandstoholdonto

Would love to hear Cyanide, Harmony and Magnolia especially. I also really hope they decide to do some kind of show to celebrate TMTMTP, I would do anything to be there.

jordalsh and teebs41 like this.