Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Taking Back Sunday Band • Page 417

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by JordanKTM, Apr 25, 2016.

1. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

[​IMG]

Mcrx and SpeckledSouls like this.
  2. Dog Fish

Mutt

Yellowcard's "final" album and Tidal Wave were released a week or two apart. God herself would have lost the bet that YC would break-up, get back together for touring, and release new music before TBS announced anything outside of a few teasing tweets.

jesseisabigdeal likes this.
  3. ManBearPuig

Creatively, this band is capped. I can’t see anything that they could put together that would move the needle and they continue to your on nostalgia which, having seen them several times since Tidal Waves release, has been getting extremely stale.

macbethfan and SpeckledSouls like this.
  4. macbethfan

Trusted Supporter

Agreed. The last few times I've seen them were as openers, and at this point that's the only way I'll see them live again. Just can't see myself paying to see them as a headliner anymore. Would love to be proven wrong though.

SpeckledSouls likes this.
  5. Buscemi knows best

You owe me a Sausage McMuffin

I saw them play an outdoor show last year... and yikes. It was like TBS karaoke. Some of my friends left a few songs in.

I have vowed to only give them another chance live if it's in of doors and not out of doors next time.

6. Murph

Regular Supporter

A smallish indoor venue as a headliner is really the only way they are worth seeing now. They are embarrassingly bad as an opener/coheadliner at an outdoor venue or a festival that isn’t entirely built for nostalgia.

They are the best example of a band I’ve seen that feeds off the energy of the crowd in both a positive and negative way, and they really do bring it for a rabid indoor crowd.

macbethfan likes this.
  7. LionInMyPocket

I was born in a swamp, born with no clothes on

Just going to leave this here...I liked New Again & I also thought Tidal Wave was their best album since Louder Now...

Kingjohn_654 and SpeckledSouls like this.
  8. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Last time I saw them was at Firefly a couple years ago and they were actually pretty good. Crowd had good energy and they sounded about as good as they can. Even Adam's voice was decent that day from what I remember.

9. razorburn

Trusted

10. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

[​IMG]

11. Penlab

Trusted Supporter

You know, that guy from music.

12. Paulms85

Regular Supporter

Tell All Your Friends has now been certified platinum by the RIAA.

13. Penlab

Trusted Supporter

Shit, better go on a Platinum Celebration Tour!

14. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Honestly stunned it hadn't already been platinum.

SpeckledSouls and Kingjohn_654 like this.
  15. schackbr

Regular

soooo are they not putting out a single or anything before Sad Summer?

16. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

we're due for another 'stay tuned' post so, stay tuned!!!

Greg likes this.
  17. mattav152

Release My Mind, My Garden Grows

You just have to be patient. The new single will drop along with the TAYF 30 year tour announcement, coming to a city near you in 2032

18. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

Lol

19. Nolessthanblink

Are You Watching Closely?

Anyone know how the tour is selling? Im genuinely curious

20. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

i havent heard anything about bad sales, its a really good lineup so i am sure its selling decently well. no reason not to think so. lotta good nostalgia bands on this bill.

21. clockwise

GREEN DUDES BEST GREEN DAY PODCAST Prestigious

Sick and tired of nostalgia. It's been like a whole decade of this shit.

elphshelf, mattav152 and neo506 like this.
  22. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

well, sure, but going to an amphitheater and watching TBS, Andy mcmahon, motion city, and head automatica all in one afternoon sounds awesome. i wish there was a long island date.

dqwinny and SpeckledSouls like this.
  23. schackbr

Regular

Andrew McMahon, Head Automatica, and MCS are only on select dates. Most of them aren't playing together.

24. Nolessthanblink

Are You Watching Closely?

Looks weak in Austin right now actually. Oof

Attached Files:

25. clockwise

GREEN DUDES BEST GREEN DAY PODCAST Prestigious

Yes I'm a sucker for that shit. If I can go to a nostalgia-fest I goddamn will, but at this point it feels predatory lol.