Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Taking Back Sunday Band • Page 317

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by JordanKTM, Apr 25, 2016.

1. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

i remember it more being "tipping is optional! you aren't forced too like cabs!" but I still did because it's the right thing to do, obviously

2. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

I feel like I was even told by a few Uber drivers that they “couldn’t” take tips or whatever.
    I also haven’t done many rideshares even before the pandemic

3. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

I think early uber days you couldnt tip via the app, but so many drivers had like signs with their venmo or cashapp accounts, but sometimes id straight up just throw them 5 or 10 bucks depending on the ride.

4. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

Yeah, early days of ride-hailing (2012ish) a big part of the draw was that you didn't have to tip, and also didn't have to use cash, which was why I first started using it. At least in the marketing, the spin was that the drivers were paid (relatively) well so a tip wasn't necessary (and I think they were paid better back then). Here in Chicago most cabs would refuse to take a card and I haven't really carried cash for 15 years now, so if I needed to get around, that was the option.

I do tip now that they've added the functionality though, and always tip for food service, even when ordering pick up. My wife thinks that's weird, but I worked the pickup/delivery counter at a restaurant before and that shit's hard work.

chewbacca110 likes this.
  5. phaynes12

yeah the assumption that fast food/pickup type places don’t deserve tips has always been baffling to me

6. Jbent

Trusted

Former bartender/server at a hotel right outside boston

Jon Hamm - great tipper

Jb Smoove - good tipper

Philip Hall (bookman on seinfeld) - great tipper

Bruce Willis - Zero 0.00 tip zilch. Asshole

bradsonemanband likes this.
  7. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Why is none of that, especially Bruce Willis, surprising?

8. Jbent

Trusted

I'm trying to remember the guys and the road crew from this washed up shit band that treated the whole place like dirt... bothering me so bad rn

Air Supply!!! Total cheapskates and belittling as well lol

9. Collins

Trusted

Whoa. Y’all’s song Never Ur GF got recommended to me on Spotify a few years back and I’ve been adding it to my playlists ever since. I gotta check out the rest of your material!

nohandstoholdonto likes this.
  10. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I need to hear more about serving Jon Hamm.

Jbent likes this.
  11. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

damn, they must be all out of love

12. Jbent

Trusted

He was cool as hell, had 3 or 4 beers watched whatever game was on, scrolled through phone. Other than couple hi hows your night's a few times kept to himself, he was clearly just trying to kick it and not be bothered so imo class act solid patron

ncarrab and bradsonemanband like this.
  13. DickyCullz

I create content for some of your favorite artists

I was at this show!

seem to remember this happening a decent amount around that time too. I saw The Early November at Rock City in Nottingham and they stopped playing and Serg battered someone in the crowd for throwing coins at them.

Preserved Moose likes this.
  14. Preserved Moose

Amateur Hour

Ah cool no way! Also that's weird that people loved throwing coins in Rock City for some reason. Clearly a different response that time though! I felt pretty bad for Hellogoodbye although "The temple is a very sensitive area!" was an inside joke for a very long time with my friends cos it was what the singer said when telling the crowd to stop haha.

15. WasEmoRocknowImjustold

Not newbie, I think Supporter

Weird at a TBS show a band like Hellogoodbye wouldn't have a decent reception. Even TEN, like they're a pretty non-offensive band.

Only band I saw get really booed/harassed was Steel Train with Finch and From Autumn to Ashes but they just did not fit/should not have been on a support bill with those two bands.

Saying that, it's hard to envision a scenario where a band deserves this treatment.

16. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

Oof I went to a show except it was Finch and Senses Fail and they HATED Steel Train. I guess they were lucky coin throwing isn't typical in the US cause it was probably that level of vitriol

17. koryoreo

Trusted Supporter

Only band I’ve seen get aggressively booed was Tera Melos when they opened for Finch on their reunion tour. That was an odd pairing and Finch fans are assholes lol Also Aiden when they opened for Anti Flag. Again a super weird pairing.

18. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

19. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Crisp X and Collins like this.
  20. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Hard to believe makedamnsure was 15 years ago.

21. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

I never really understood why the ticket booth is across the street from the theater

22. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

23. RJ Knorr

Trusted Supporter

Louder Now was the first release cycle that I was a part of as a TBS fan. I listened to TAYF and WYWTB constantly. Needless to say I was very excited for this coming out. I remember being a freshman in college and going to Sam Goody with my roommates to buy the cd. It doesn’t feel like 15 years ago but in that time I got married and have two children. It’s pretty wild to think about

Preserved Moose likes this.
  24. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I remember the hype leading up to its release freshman year of high school. I was blown away when MakeDamnSure came out. Can't believe it's been so long.

25. phaynes12

listened to LN today ona run. it’s mostly good. still a handful of songs i’d be fine with never hearing again that hinted at that hinted at the album to follow. but also a handful of songs that are the peak of the genre