Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Taking Back Sunday Band • Page 315

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by JordanKTM, Apr 25, 2016.

1. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

cant believe LN is 15 this month. listened to it for the very first time on my flight from new york to orlando for my HS senior trip lol

The Black Parade likes this.
  2. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

An obvious statement, but Louder Now was just so gigantic for them. I remember seeing them at Nautica in Cleveland, which is by far the biggest venue they ever headlined in Cleveland (5,000 cap). Sold out show with Angels and Airwaves (who were all the buzz at that time) opening for them. I remember it being so bizarre seeing them go from 600-1,000-2,000 cap shows to that - all within 2-3 years.

My older sister at the time, did not listen to anything remotely close to what I listened to, and I remember she even went out and bought Louder Now (and has since become a huge TBS fan and became more into a lot of the music that I listen to).

3. manoverboard365

Trusted

On the Louder Now tour I saw them headline Nassau Coliseum, which I think has a capacity of 14,000. Exactly 1 year prior to that I saw them play that venue as the opener for Weezer.
    I remember being blown away that a band from this once niche music scene was headlining one of the biggest venues in the area.

MRose24 and Kyle Max like this.
  4. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

Head Automatica opened right? What a time to be alive.

brendanmachow and chewbacca110 like this.
  5. manoverboard365

Trusted

Yep! Pretty sure it was The Subways > Head Automatica > Angels & Airwaves > TBS

yocoxy, RJ Knorr, stars143 and 2 others like this.
  6. MRose24

Regular

this was my first TBS show when I was 14. I remember after AVA played it seemed like thousands of kids jumped the barriers from the seats to get onto the floor and when TBS was playing the entire hockey rink was filled with fans standing. I stayed in my seat but the view of that was wild.

Murph and manoverboard365 like this.
  7. manoverboard365

Trusted

Haha yeah that was wild! I had floor tickets, and the wave of people storming the floor made me and some friends nervous of being trampled.

8. Preserved Moose

Amateur Hour

I only got into TBS around Louder Now. I saw them live just after it came out and Hellogoodbye were supporting but abandoned their set cos they were getting hit by coins. Gosh we're classy people here in England.

DickyCullz and yocoxy like this.
  9. Murph

Regular Supporter

I was at that Weezer show too. You would have thought it was a TBS headlining show based on how wild the crowd was on the floor for them.

Actually met Adam, Mark, and Eddie earlier in the day at some meet and greet in Long Island. Eddie was super cool.

manoverboard365 likes this.
  10. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Just relistened to MakeDamnSure and goddamn the drums sound like shit

Great song though!

11. brendanmachow

not a doctor

Eric Valentine definitely has his drum sound. Good Charlotte's "Young & the Hopeless" shares an almost identical kick and snare.

JRGComedy likes this.
  12. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Interesting the stuff we don't notice when we're younger haha.

13. Collins

Trusted

The first three tracks on Louder Now are such a hype way to start a record off. Poor Up Against never stood a chance batting cleanup for Ghost/Liar/MDS

chewbacca110, RJ Knorr and Murph like this.
  14. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

adam and john used to live in my neighborhood but they were cowards and moved

David87 likes this.
  15. nohandstoholdonto

problem addict Prestigious

I gave John a Lyft once and he didn’t tip

16. ItsJoe

Joe

Do you think that if 'New Again' had seen them continue on that upward trajectory, that they'd still be playing 5/10,000 cap venues? Or with the change in how music was being consumed, and people's growth out of their teens into early adulthood was a catalyst for the change in their perceived popularity?

17. Staypositive83

Regular Supporter

Feel like there was a small rash of these bands playing Nassau Coliseum. That had to be unreal for them. Growing up that place always seemed so massive.

I remember seeing Family Values with Limp Bizkit and others (including RUN DMC..wild). On the way out I got a Glassjaw EYEWTKAS sticker. It was the pill box. Put it on my dresser. Had no idea what it was at the time.

So many good shows at the Downtown in Farmingdale as well. I think I saw a John Nolan show there at some point. Also early Early November where they hung on the rafters.

robb, manoverboard365 and Drewski like this.
  18. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

Miss The Downtown. That place was the best.

19. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

The Downtown was the GOAT. Will Noon snuck me in the backdoor for the first Straylight Run show.

Other memorable ones there:
    -My Chemical Romance opening for Coheed (2003)
    -My Chemical Romance opening for Avenged Sevenfold before release of Three Cheers
    -First Nightmare of You show

20. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

21. Staypositive83

Regular Supporter

Can’t believe it was open for only 4 years. I remember seeing Against Me! and almost getting crushed to death by some dude doing a flip off the stage.

22. Smittzerland

First time long time (FKA musicfan9795) Prestigious

Never seen them live, so Riot Fest will be my first. Missed them on their 2011 summer tour with Thursday and Warped 2012, so I'm cursed at this point.

Bought TAYF at Newbury Comics waiting for my Blaze Pizza takeout on my way home from work tonight. What a 2021 sentence

23. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

This reminds me of the time Vanilla Ice ate at the restaurant in a truck stop I worked at and left a quarter tip

nohandstoholdonto likes this.
  24. nohandstoholdonto

problem addict Prestigious

we actually had a pretty decent convo, I told him I was about to go on tour and he was like “I’m actually a touring musician myself” and I was like “yeah dude I know lmao” and when we pulled up to his house we talked for a good couple minutes before he got out of the car and I still left thinking it was a p cool experience but def side eyed the lack of tip ngl. that said, between having done Lyft and now driving for Dominos, I have gotten so used to being stiffed it barely phases me lol.

phaynes12 likes this.
  25. manoverboard365

Trusted

Well now I feel like an asshole cuz I had no idea tips were expected on ride sharing apps.....

The 2 or 3 times I've tipped it was because the driver either offered me water or I took him on a long trip. I drove Lyft for a 4 month period back in the day and I dont think I ever received a tip lol