Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Taking Back Sunday Band • Page 307

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by JordanKTM, Apr 25, 2016.

1. Orla

little old lady Prestigious

Fred’s shout at the end of the album version of ADUTI is a perfect vocal take and all these years later I’m never not excited to hear it.

aoftbsten and Kingjohn_654 like this.
  2. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Fred did a full album cover of Bend to Break on his Facebook live on Sunday morning. I think it's still up on his page.

3. brendanmachow

not a doctor

My god I love Fred, what a good dude.

Kingjohn_654 and Collins like this.
  4. Dorkiest super group would be Fred Mascherino and Jim Adkins

5. HomerJay

Anybody been watching the Talking Back Sunday episodes lately? I try to get to them when I can, but I've missed some recently. Any hints at things they have planned for this year?

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  6. Preserved Moose

Amateur Hour

WYWTB and LN is my favourite era but I don't think I ever really appreciated the stuff he did in these songs until these play throughs. The Bonus Mosh one is so fucking cool.

aoftbsten, RyanPm40 and Orla like this.
  7. Sal Paradise

Trusted

I’ve watched all of them. No talk about future plans other that they can’t wait to get in the studio and tour when COVID allows.

HomerJay likes this.
  8. manoverboard365

Trusted

Fred did a Q&A on his youtube channel, and mentioned this unreleased TBS song. I had never heard it until today, but I dig it! He says the title was "Ron is Poor," which was an acronym but he cant remember what it stood for lol

bradsonemanband, Orla and RJ Knorr like this.
  9. RJ Knorr

Trusted Supporter

I always thought that was a fun demo. I’ll have to check out the Q&A

10. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Damn, that could have been a great one.

11. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

12. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I love that demo.

13. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Wow, that story he tells about sleeping at Will Noon's house while Straylight Run would be practicing downstairs, and he'd wake up, get dressed and go to TBS practice is pretty wild.

14. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

dude's videos are pretty great, im pretty shocked he's only at 5k

15. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

wtf that song is better than 3/4 of louder now lol

manoverboard365 and Orla like this.
  16. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Forgot about that b-side, I dig it

17. HomerJay

There are like five or six raw unreleased demos or alternate versions of Louder Now songs on YouTube. They're all good. One or two re-emerged in the self-titled b-sides.

18. Preserved Moose

Amateur Hour

That song sounds like a mix of a bunch of ideas they used in other songs. The riff is a bit like Spin and Error Operator mashed up a bit. Maybe a bit of What's it feel like to be a ghost in there. The melody even sounds a little bit like Best Places to be a Mom in parts.

19. that’s crazy

20. razorburn

Trusted

21. manoverboard365

Trusted

I enjoyed this one.

AlwaysEvolving21 likes this.
  22. Sal Paradise

Trusted

I forgot about those I’m going to have to dig them up. I remember really liking them, especially My Blue Heaven

23. I always did love Follow the Format.

24. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

lol yeah that seems so awkward.

I wasn’t a fan back then but I def thought the general consensus was that Follow try Format was about John and not the Brand New fued, so that was an interesting tidbit. Also def thought the lyrics to at least one or two songs on that album referenced that but seems like he’s saying they avoided it altogether so

25. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

You can’t tell me that The Union isn’t about John and Shaun. I’m fairly certain a few others are about them too. Also plenty of the SR songs are about TBS (martyr for sure)