Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Taking Back Sunday Band • Page 305

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by JordanKTM, Apr 25, 2016.

1. eh because they have such a powerful presence at the very beginning that like weird hollow boxy sound always throws me off. it takes away from the oomph of the song for me and makes the heavier thing feel like less convincing a turn for them, which yeah I think is a problem. I still think it's good but I do have a couple qualms.

I also like the record just talking about the songs here!

mattylikesfilms and Orla like this.
  2. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Just wanted to pop in to say El Paso is one of the very few actually good tracks off S/T.

Crisp X and bradsonemanband like this.
  3. mattylikesfilms Oct 27, 2020
    (Last edited: Oct 27, 2020)
    mattylikesfilms

Trusted

You’re not wrong. The song is still bad ass but the drum tones are fucking weird and terrible.

S/T is easily the worst TBS record which is pretty funny since everyone back in the day thrashed NA and we’re hyped to see Nolan and Shaun back.

While Happiness and Tidal are just alright with a few standout tracks - they’re much better than S/T.

4. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Best Places To Be A Mom is another rare gem on the S/T. Terrible title but solid TBS song.

I also like Sad Savior and This Is All Now despite some cringe lyrics/shitty drum tones.

I know Eric Valentine did Louder Now but he definitely dropped the ball on this record.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  5. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

Man this thread cycle is boring lol

Drewski, Crisp X, irthesteve and 2 others like this.
  6. Orla

little old lady Prestigious

Seeing “El Paso” played live the few times I did ruled, and it’s my favourite TBS set opener. I wish they would play it more.

The studio version sounds bad. Bad enough to interfere with my enjoyment of the song itself, and I rarely put it on anymore. Most of us seem to agree about the drums, but also what on Earth is going on with the sound of the guitars in that song?

7. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

soggytime, Drewski, Joe4th and 2 others like this.
  8. slimfenix182

Nah not when their last two albums are some of their best work.

koryoreo likes this.
  9. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

and just like that, another boring thread cycle was started

10. slimfenix182

11. Dog Fish

Mutt

For real. Let’s get some new topics started:

- Adam’s live vocals
    - Adam hitting Matt with the mic
    - Eddie drama

Orla and RyanPm40 like this.
  12. “El Paso” reminds me of “Vices” by that one band... like a trashy kinda lofi rock song. I like how it sounds. Haha.

13. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

honestly this is why I don't frequent a lot of band threads, but stick to the album threads instead. They just haven't had an album in a while.

14. Perhaps this thread cycle can be broken by posting Fred's videos

RyanPm40 likes this.
  15. Orla

little old lady Prestigious

I hadn’t considered it before, but “El Paso” with Sapone behind the board would’ve been very cool. I think even with being kind of lo-fi, there’s a depth in how “Vices” sounds that really helped make it work.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  16. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I was in the crowd for this one!

Orla and mattylikesfilms like this.
  17. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

This really still interests me a lot - esp because I'm friends with him on FB and he will occasionally go off on these extremely vague tangents about people screwing him over that i am almost 95% sure are about the TBS guys every time. i've never wanted to speculate because we do know that he was suffering substance addiction (and fortunately seems to be well on the mend from that), but there always felt like more there that we likely will never know about unless Eddie goes on some podcast or writes a memoir lol

18. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

All Ready To Go is about Eddie, right? I feel like it has to be.

19. manoverboard365

Trusted

They say it isn't, but we all know it is. Just like how Blink says Man Overboard isnt about their old drummer, but the writings on the wall lol

Mcrx and mattylikesfilms like this.
  20. ItsJoe

Joe

Drama seems to follow this band around, and it's always interesting to discuss.

21. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

is it

22. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

drama doesn't follow them - it rides on their back

23. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Leftandleaving likes this.
  24. Collins

Trusted

The whole second half of Bonus Mosh is one of my favorite moments in their discography. Especially the lick Fred plays around 1:43. Also Mark is a beast

Mcrx, aoftbsten and Orla like this.
  25. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

Leftandleaving likes this.