Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Taking Back Sunday Band • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by JordanKTM, Apr 25, 2016.

1. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Back in the day I would occassionally post in the TBS thread very drunk.

Bringing it back.

I still enjoy this band. Have a good night everyone.

(this took a really long time to type)

2. Callum Macleod

Do or do not, there is no try.

I must be in a minority because unless I'm feeling nostalgic, I prefer TBS's recent albums over their older ones. Louder Now and Happiness Is are probably my favorite TBS albums.

teebs41 and clockwise like this.
  3. ChrisCantWrite

Trusted Prestigious

WYWTB is one of the best summer albums ever.

4. Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

Everything from WYWTB onwards ranges from good to great. No idea how some people can still think that TAYF is their best album.

Petit nain des Îles and teebs41 like this.
  5. ChrisCantWrite

Trusted Prestigious

Many people have such a strong emotional attachment to that album. It's not their, "best," imo, but it's certainly my favorite.

teebs41 and bradsonemanband like this.
  6. Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

For those of you who enjoy the monologue at the beginning of the Great Romances demo, it's from a movie called Beautiful Girls, which will not be on netflix anymore after tonight.

7. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

WYWTB is their best to me. Its their most varied I think. The energetic opener "Set Phasers To Stun", The spacey, airy "This Photograph Is Proof", the heavy chaotic "The Union", the textured acoustic "New American Classic", the climactic build up of "One Eighty By Summer", The pop tinge of "Number Five With A Bullet", the alt rock worship of "A Decade Under The Influence", and the epic, moving closing of "Slowdance On The Inside", plus all the deep cuts in between just make that album so fantastic.

Love all 6 records and the albums worth of b-sides a lot though. Cant wait for LP7

8. nohandstoholdonto

problem addict Prestigious

I like when we agree on things

CoffeeEyes17 likes this.
  9. Collins

Trusted

10. ChrisCantWrite

Trusted Prestigious

11. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Was the demo officially released on at any point?

12. not officially released, but it's out there.

13. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

I still can't decide if I want to go see TBS this Friday or not.

14. Paul Beaumont

Yeah that was a good read.

15. Paul Beaumont

I've found the longer this lineup has been back together the better they've been live, if they're nearby then I'd say definitely go for it.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  16. airik625

I'm just now learning that Taking Back Sunday has a song called "We All Love Our Pets". Always love discovering new TBS b-sides.

17. haha oh yeah! that was on an episode of Yo Gabba Gabba.

18. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

ChrisCantWrite likes this.
  19. airik625

I didn't even know that was a show ha.

teebs41 likes this.
  20. The lead singer of The Aquabats created it.

teebs41 likes this.
  21. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

If I had kids, they'd watch it all the time

22. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

A pit ticket will run me $50, which sucks. I could buy nosebleed seats for $20, but that barely seems worth it.

23. Collins

Trusted

TBS has been my favorite band since I was about 15 or 16 but I'm just now diving into the self titled b-sides. Mackey Sasser is so good

24. Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

I love "You Should Have Waited," but wish we could hear the old demo from when it was called "I'm Not Gay (I Just Wish I Were)"

Negative. Have you heard it though? Great Romances has the monologue intro. It has the first version of Your Own Disaster. Oooh and instead of head club, it has "Mutual Head Club," which is even better.

Speaking of old school tbs, have you guys heard the old demos from before Adam joined? With Jesse Lacey on bass and backing vocals?

ChrisCantWrite likes this.