Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Taking Back Sunday Band • Page 284

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by JordanKTM, Apr 25, 2016.

1. you vandal

Regular

There used to be so many strange lineups back in the day (2002-2008). Wish I could remember some right now...I'll be back.

Kingjohn_654 and Leftandleaving like this.
  2. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

Even though they were label mates, I saw Steel Train sandwiched between Senses Fail and Finch and boy did that crowd not approve

Kyle Max likes this.
  3. manoverboard365

Trusted

I'm sure I mentioned this at some point in the thread, but the last time I saw Straylight Run was their headlining tour in 2005. The opening acts were Minus the Bear, Spitalfield and The Honorary Title. In retrospect that was such an amazing lineup, but also made no sense lol

Kingjohn_654 and RyanPm40 like this.
  4. Definitely didn't expect this to ever happen. Need to give their discography another listen as it's been way too many years.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  5. HomerJay

Crazy how Fred straight up said he'd be open to rejoining the band and tested the waters with them recently, but ultimately they like how things are at the moment. He said it on the That One Time On Tour podcast. Really good insight into what went down there and where things stand. Kind of a bummer because I'd be all for that.

There's also this super interesting post from his Reddit AMA about his relationship with Mark. upload_2020-5-15_15-50-1.png

Kingjohn_654, Crisp X and RyanPm40 like this.
  6. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

On the podcast, did it seem like Fred was testing the waters about both him and John in the band together? I would love that.

7. HomerJay

He didn't specifically say that but I'd imagine that was the scenario he was envisioning. It was more like, hey they have an opening now, he would be into it, but ultimately they weren't. He's also said that a lot of the problems that were there when he left wouldn't be problems anymore because they're all so much older now. Pretty sure that was on the Peer Pleasure podcast. Fred has actually been on a lot of podcasts in the past six months where he discussed this all at length.

8. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

That would be freaking awesome.

9. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Yeah Fred coming in as the 'lead' guitarist with John moving more into the 'rhythm' role and them writing songs together would be pretty interesting for sure. John seems to trend towards the folk rock stuff while fred has more of that pop rock/radio alternative streak in him, so it could create some interesting sounds.

I'd also enjoy having 3 vocalists in the band like that but ever since John returned they've seemed intent on cutting down on the dual vocals and letting Adam take most of them which is kind of a shame. Also John screams less these days and sometimes gets into tha talky-singing thing that's not great compraed to his singing and screaming voices hah.

10. Jdaniels

Regular

I'm thinking about selling this. I'd love to trade it for the New Again bundle haha but honestly selling it is better, I dont display it and while I'd love to make wall hangings of some of them, not all of them fit my style and moving out has shown me I have a lot of stuff I don't need ha..

Anyone interested before I Ebay it? It's a set of record sized pictures inspired by each song on the self titled album. Ill take pics of the whole thing before selling obviously.

Attached Files:

11. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

I have that too. Is it pretty valuable these days?

12. MatthewDuke

Regular Supporter

How much do you want for it? I used to have them, and I lost mine unfortunately.

13. Jdaniels

Regular

No idea, haven't seen it. Nothing I have is omg valuable Haha.
    Honestly don't know. Not an insane amount.

14. MatthewDuke

Regular Supporter

DM me with what you are wanting.

15. ItsJoe

Joe

What's the beef between Mark and Fred?

16. Sal Paradise

Trusted

I think they just never got along when they were in the band together. If I remember correctly Fred also wanted to replace Mark with a better drummer. Mark three a lot of shade at Fred in the 10 year oral history as well.

did something new pop up about them?

17. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

From what I've heard, Fred wanted more basic drum beats in the band and didn't let Mark experiment around as much. Hence the dope drum beats in later songs like Beat Up Car

Kingjohn_654 and Jdaniels like this.
  18. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Would’ve never guessed those two had beef. I know they had a replacement when Mark couldn’t drum bc of his back.

The drums in What’s It Feel Like To Be Ghost are my favorite.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  19. manoverboard365

Trusted

I think if I'm remembering correctly Fred had an issue with writing a majority of Louder Now and still having the publishing split equally 5 ways, and that pissed Mark off.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  20. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Someone should ask Fred all the details. lol

21. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

Never heard that about Fred not liking Mark's drums. That's stupid as fuck lol

aoftbsten likes this.
  22. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Yeah I'm 99% sure I remember Mark saying it in an interview

23. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

24. Nolessthanblink

Are You Watching Closely?

I can't stand his tone on his drums from Louder Now up until Happiness... the kick drum sound is the drizzling shits...

chewbacca110 and RyanPm40 like this.
  25. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

That’s more the fault of Eric Valentine. Though for some reason Mark seemed to like that sound.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.