Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Taking Back Sunday Band • Page 281

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by JordanKTM, Apr 25, 2016.

1. Where My Mouth Is sounds so much better live. Like... the guitar leads should soar but they feel buried instead. They made it sound way too flat in its studio form.

2. manoverboard365

Trusted

I hate to keep pushing the New Again talk, but just wanted to say I love that album. More than most of their stuff. It's got some lows (Capital ME) but some of the highs are some of the greatest songs in their catalog IMO (Everything Must Go, Carpathia). I've also had Lonely Lonely and Swing on my gym playlist for 10 years, they pump me up so much. And the b-sides for this album are all great too. Not enough talk for Winters Passing!

I think this album is better than any album they've released since, and I'm always baffled when people rank it so low. But I guess that's the beauty of subjectivity!

3. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

i am the only person on earth who loves "capital m-e"

4. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

Agree with the inconsistency. There's a great 4 or 5 song EP in here (though huge disagree on Jenny lol.) Aside from me not really getting the pedestal Fazzi is put on this sums up my general thoughts. Def should replace something with those other two songs

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  5. Chcurry182

Trusted Supporter

Personally, I love New Again ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  6. Mcrx

Regular

I think I have to give it a second try, but my mind didn't change about self titled so I don't know.

7. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

I like it enough to know all the words, but it's also pretty skippable for me

8. Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

One of my favorite songs on an album I don't like or listen to all that much. Best one after the closer and maybe "Summer, Man".

9. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

wow those are all my favorite songs from new again

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  10. Dog Fish

Mutt

Here's a game. Without googling or anything, which album are the following critic reviews referring to?

Aaaaaaaannnndd......GO!

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  11. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Uhhhhh... seeing the name Scott Heisel makes me think it's an older album, so I am going with Louder Now. Although based on the convos it's probably NA

12. Dog Fish

Mutt

I knew there'd be nerds that recognized reviewer's names.

Sean Murphy and irthesteve like this.
  13. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Not Googling it, but I do recall New Again being very well received by critics.

14. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

WYWTB is my favorite.

Happiness Is is number 2. I’ve got a strong connection with it.

Tidal Wave is the best work they’ve done.

New Again is a great summer album. Carpathia is my favorite track on it....and Summer, Man.

Louder Now is their most interesting album with so many cool parts in it.

TAYF was so unlistenable for me until the remasters bc the original release is so fucking out of tune I can’t believe they got away with it.

Self-Titled was a bit of a let down but it has some solid tracks on it that they should play more live.

15. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

I feel like most people on here know Scott Heisel lol

16. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

Obviously New Again

17. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

New Again definitely has the best album art though. I also really like Happiness Is artwork.

18. manoverboard365

Trusted

I'm guessing New Again based off the "branching from emo roots" comment.

19. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I remember the Alternative Press praising New Again for sure, gotta be that one.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  20. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

ALTpress never said a bad word about TBS. Feel like they had to balance out AP.net lol

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  21. Mcrx

Regular

guessing

Louder Now
    Tidal Wave
    Tidal Wave idk

are they supposed to be all the same album??

22. I could be remembering this wrong, but I believe it was actually Adam who actually wrote the original guitar for Cut Me Up Jenny. It was mentioned in an interview once or the BTS dvd of New Again.

Petit nain des Îles and Orla like this.
  23. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Pretty much this whole thing right here. High five!

manoverboard365 likes this.
  24. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

i used to clown on "cut me up jenny" but tbh it's still pretty good. i don't think there are really any bad tbs songs, just a few songs on the s/t sound a little too cobbled together and those are the ones i'm least interested in

new again sounds a little flat and compressed to me, like i feel like "carpathia" should sound way more huge. but the songs are good-to-great. "summer, man" and "capital m-e" are like... big hits from an alternate universe power-pop taking back sunday

25. BTDandFeelingThis

Now I Know This World Isn’t Spinning Just For Me Prestigious

I like where my mouth is and the title track, but I agree with this post

Petit nain des Îles likes this.