Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Taking Back Sunday Band • Page 278

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by JordanKTM, Apr 25, 2016.

1. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I'd be pretty surprised if we didn't have an album out by the fall/Winter and then they start touring again in early 2021.

My guess is they take pretty much all of 2020 off in touring considering their 2019 tour.

BTDandFeelingThis likes this.
  2. schackbr

Regular

i really can't think of a band with a stronger list of b-sides. i also always think "why are these b-sides?"

Follow The Format (debatable B-Side, never had all the information on this one)
    Your Own Disaster
    Sleep
    Brooklyn
    Didn't See That Coming
    Long Time Comin' (SO UNDERRATED)
    Winter Passing
    How I Met Your Mother
    THE ENTIRE B LIST CATALOG FROM SELF TITLED

3. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

TBS and Gaslight's decisions on what makes the album and whats a b-side has always frustrated me lol

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  4. nohandstoholdonto

problem addict Prestigious

YESSSSS

5. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

"You Were Right" is like a top 10 TBS cut for me

*screaming at my bathroom mirror in my best Nolan voice* I SHOULDA KNOWN BETTER. I SHOULDA KNOWN BETTER THAN THAAAAT

aoftbsten likes this.
  6. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

I feel like I heard they were between that song and Miami being on the record, and that decision will always perplex me. Miami is so skippable compared to most of the album. Up Against, too

7. hongfong00

The sky had blackened with carrion birds. Supporter

I like the albums they've been putting out with John but at live shows I can never hear Johns voice. I think their live shows were much better with Fred.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  8. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I think the issue with Brooklyn is it's tough to find a good spot for it on the album. It feels like it should be the closer, but I don't think I would want to boot I'll Let You Live for it. It doesn't flow in the Up Against or Miami spots.

nohandstoholdonto likes this.
  9. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

would’ve worked before “divine intervention” imo. it’s not a closer

10. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

If it’s a good song and there aren’t any obvious stinkers I am a-ok with a band just sticking it somewhere for the sake of letting us hear it. Sequencing doesn’t matter to me much.

that said, I think I prefer sleep.

11. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

I can't agree with this "Miami" disrespect lol I love that song. imo drop "Brooklyn" into the "Error: Operator" spot and it works perfectly, which is fine with me cos I do not dig that song

Matt Chylak and Daniel182 like this.
  12. schackbr

Regular

Miami was left on LN because it's one of Adam's favorite TBS songs ever.

also, for those of you saying Fred is a better live singer than John...watch his latest live videos...

I'd say overall Fazzi was probably their best second vocalist live

The Black Parade likes this.
  13. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Heh that's fair. To each their own, I actually loove Error Operator

14. Gnarly Charlie

Good guy, but a bad dude

Is this the longest gap between albums ever for them? I’m feeling the thirst.

The Black Parade and Mcrx like this.
  15. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

By far.

The Black Parade likes this.
  16. Mcrx

Regular

Omg! Love this thread bump because I was gonna come here today but might've forgotten.

Anyway, I watched Fight Club last night and kept thinking of this song and video. :) Love the little tribute here. Love that movie!

17. Gnarly Charlie

Good guy, but a bad dude

Well, hopefully they come back with something dope. Loved the Twenty songs

18. Dog Fish

Mutt

No way. We're getting a 10 year anniversary of the original line-up reunion tour this year. Playing TAYF in its entirety followed by the self-titled in its entirety. Can't wait.

19. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

Wow, it’s hard to believe it has been 10 years since John and Shaun came back.

20. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

Ah the days when ap.net would go down and you'd be like "oh shit what news did I miss" lol

21. It was in March 2010 right? I remember it like yesterday. Getting back from middle school and seeing the site almost crash due to the never ending afflux of comments was crazy. Just seeing THAT picture instantly takes me back to that day:

[​IMG]

22. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

Wasn’t it on April Fools day? I feel like something happened that day.

23. Crisp X Feb 9, 2020
    (Last edited: Feb 9, 2020)
    I think they announced both Matt's departures on March 29 then the reunion the next day.

There definitely was something on April Fools day, but probably not TBS related. Wasn't it the "Thrice is working on a series of EPs based on the Periodic Table" joke?

Kingjohn_654 likes this.

24. Looks like their first comeback video was on March 31

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  25. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

I think they announced the reunion on April Fools Day officially. I vividly remember everyone thinking it was bullshit.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.