Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Taking Back Sunday Band • Page 276

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by JordanKTM, Apr 25, 2016.

1. nohandstoholdonto

problem addict Prestigious

yeeeeup

RyanPm40 likes this.
  2. Noradrenaline

Regular

3. razorburn

Trusted

Team Fred right here.

4. John kinda sucks now, let’s be real.

Fred is better than John in just about every way.

Fazzi is way too talented to be a back up vocalist in TBS.

RyanPm40 and nohandstoholdonto like this.
  5. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

It's kind of funny that I spent 2003-2010 wishing John and Shaun would come back, but then they released Self-Titled and I was so disappointed that I couldn't help but want Fred and Matt back. I do think Fred is stronger than John, both vocally and instrumentally - and especially live. THAT said, I think the band has bounced back beautifully with HI and TW. Both absolutely great albums and the albums that 34-year-old me would rather listen to than 18-24-year-old me.

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  6. Preserved Moose

Amateur Hour

TAYF might just be my favourite overall but I like WYWTB and LN more than anything after so Fred is still my favourite era. As someone else said it's really Adam that makes the band although I'm not really into his delivery these days and their recent albums were a little too Americana rocky/country ish for my tastes. (I don't really know the genre names but I'm sure you get it haha)

Mcrx likes this.
  7. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

8. schackbr

Regular

i don't think John sucks in any way. i think their last two records have been very strong.

i do think this band needs a spark though. the last few times i've seen them, while they've been good, it just feels like they are going through the motions.

Jdaniels likes this.
  9. Haha I loved John on TAYF and Straylight Run, but I just really don't like his voice and style anymore, for the most part. When he and Sean rejoined the band, I was like "HOLY SHIT THIS IS GOING TO BE INSANE!" but then I've been let down by each of their albums that followed the reunion... Each album has some fantastic songs though. "Flicker Fade" might actually be my favorite TBS song. But yeah, I'd take Fred or Fazzi over John in a heartbeat these days.

10. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

Happiness Is and Tidal Wave are my favourite TBS albums so I def can't agree, even though self-titled is for sure not that great (sub in some of the demos and re-produce the whole album and it's a different story). I'm not really a fan of most of TAYF, either, but he definitely killed it with Straylight Run... honestly I pretty much love Nolan in any era lmao

11. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

the current lineup is really killing it live now so saying “john sucks” is just... wrong

12. withchappedlips

#nothingiseasy

Are they? Maybe. I think John looks and sounds like he is mailing it in a lot of the time live. Maybe it is simply because Fred was always so amplified. It’s really noticeable every single time I see them play Decade especially. One thing I will say, I love John’s performance on You Can’t Look Back. I always felt like Fred made up for what Adam lacked in consistency performing live, and John just doesn’t. Maybe I’m expecting more out of him than I should.

13. I'm talking about John on recordings, not live. I just really don't like his voice anymore, that's all.

PS: I haven't stopped listening to Hats since last Friday.

14. Who are all those guys? I loved the energy of the second singer in A Decade Under The Influence. Dude sang like it was his one in a lifetime chance to perform this.

jesseisabigdeal likes this.
  15. Sal Paradise

Trusted

I enjoy each line up for what they are. I’m fine with the current iteration and I think where John shines is in the studio. Having said that though, I do sometimes wonder what the various alternate realty albums would sound like (follow ups to TAYF w/ John, LN w/ Fred, and NA w/Fazzi), but there’s no way to ever know.

the one I’d be most curious about is if they did one more with Fazzi and a different producer, although based on all the drama from that time it’s probably for the best that it never happened.

16. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I swear, this thread feels like The Twilight Zone of TBS sometimes

17. like the Blink thread, ha

18. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I can't even go in there, I relegate my self to the album threads for that band ever since California came out, the band thread is a cesspool

19. schackbr

Regular

i always thought it would have been cool if post-eddie that Fazzi came back.

i think John and him would write some REALLY interesting tunes.

aoftbsten likes this.
  20. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I would love to hear a John/Fazzi project.

21. Gnarly Charlie

Good guy, but a bad dude

The John trash talk in this thread WILL NOT STAND

David87 and irthesteve like this.
  22. Mcrx

Regular

Can I just stop to say how much I love this song?!

23. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

it's so good

aoftbsten likes this.
  24. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

the bad blood wasn't just with eddie, adam and mark had significant issues with him as well. I'd put a Fred reunion at better odds than Fazzi ever rejoining the band.

BTDandFeelingThis likes this.
  25. BTDandFeelingThis

Now I Know This World Isn’t Spinning Just For Me Prestigious

I mean correct me if I’m wrong wasn’t there shade throw between adam and fazzi even in the last few years?

RyanPm40 likes this.