Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Taking Back Sunday Band • Page 274

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by JordanKTM, Apr 25, 2016.

1. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I hope people went nuts

2. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

3. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

that is awesome hahah i hope videos show up oson

4. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Damn poor Eddie. It's crazy that story hasn't really leaked out yet. It definitely sounds like the band kicked him out for the substance problems though. Pretty crazy. I imagine something really fucked up must have happened for them to do that.

5. CoachBalke

Regular

6. Ben Lee

I drink coffee and dad my kids Supporter

and based on his Facebook posts it kinda sounds like he’d like to come back and isn’t being welcomed.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  7. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Yeah that's why I added that last part there...like, I have to imagine something realllllly messed up happened for them to go that far with it and not even welcome him back right away. Especially with knowing how important it was/is to Mark that the original lineup be together and etc.

8. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Sounds like they gave him years to get himself better and maybe it just wasn't working out. He officially wasn't announced out of the line-up until the spring of 2018. He barely toured with them for two years prior to that and the band respected his privacy (at least in terms of, never called him out for missing shows). It sounds like they did what was best for Eddie himself. I'm sure Eddie wants to come back, both financially and personally, but if he has serious addiction problems and is struggling, I highly doubt getting back into the high-level touring schedule that TBS has would be a very productive thing for him.

David87 and Ben Lee like this.
  9. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Well, that'll do it. But I can't imagine they'd refuse to take him back if he was clean, unless something else more personal happened. It's hard for me to imagine they wouldn't give him another shot if he was sober.

10. Ben Lee

I drink coffee and dad my kids Supporter

It could also just be too soon. I mean, I could get if Eddie asked to come back recently because they're about to record a new record and it would be their first without officially having him in the band. That probably stings for him, but I could see a scenario where they've just wrapped up a huge tour, probably wrote while on that tour, and now more work goes into recording it. They might just want to see it through now.

Petit nain des Îles likes this.

11. In case the embed doesn't work:

12. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Ready for another album. Hope they work with Butch Walker.

RyanPm40 and Gnarly Charlie like this.
  13. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

This is great

14. schackbr

Regular

apparently this is kind of old? i had no idea this existed. did the band acknowledge it at all?

15. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Ohhh weird, I just found it like an hour ago on a friend's Discover Weekly playlist; have no idea if the band knows, but regardless, I really like it

Matt504 likes this.
  16. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

That's pretty great!

Ferrari333SP likes this.
  17. schackbr

Regular

also i still watch this a lot. so good.

manoverboard365 likes this.
  18. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

Eddie and Fred played A Decade Under the Influence together tonight at the Fate’s Got a Driver/The Color Fred show. That would have been great to see.

19. Matt504

Trusted Prestigious

Can’t stop listening to Delaney Jane now, she has some really good songs...

Jdaniels likes this.
  20. schackbr

Regular

there's a video on Facebook of them playing "What's It Feel Like To Be A Ghost" as well.

i'm not sure if this is cool, or weird.

21. Daniel182

I think it's pretty cool. 2/5 of the band members from those albums playing the songs. Exactly the same number as current TBS has playing the songs.

tyler2tall likes this.
  22. schackbr

Regular

i think it's a bit different when the lead vocalist is missing in my head i guess.

and there are more TBS albums now with the original lineup than any other.

23. withchappedlips

#nothingiseasy

I love that this is happening. It gives Eddie an outlet to play a couple of his favorite songs he has written and we have kinda seen his ups and his downs recently so this is probably awesome for him. Plus, they quite literally are the two guitarists on those records, and I’m sure key songwriters for them as well.

I think with the way TBS spits their members out it’s nice to see a couple of them getting together like this.

I’d love to see Fred and Eddie team up with a strong vocalist and even grab Matt and see what they could come up with.

24. Daniel182

I would consider Fred a co-lead vocalist for a lot of the material on the two albums he was on.

Eddie and Fred apparently only played songs from those two albums, so I don’t think it matters how many other albums the band has at this point.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  25. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I mean, they can do whatever they want and I hope it makes them happy. Personally, I have zero interest in hearing that from them, but that's just me. Reminds me of that Third Eye Blind cover band of ex-members, I think they called themselves XEB