Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Taking Back Sunday Band • Page 271

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by JordanKTM, Apr 25, 2016.

1. BTDandFeelingThis

Now I Know This World Isn’t Spinning Just For Me Prestigious

Going just off the 20 tour, they’ve clearly been practicing because they all sounded on point for these older songs. Normally I’d agree with you

Jdaniels likes this.
  2. Greg Oct 30, 2019
    (Last edited: Oct 30, 2019)
    Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

Everything sounded pretty solid at my shows

my only complaint is Adam talking too much at times.

I guess it’s a bummer they play some of those faster songs a bit slower live now. Bike Scene and Blue Channel were the most noticeable in that regard.

Jdaniels and Kingjohn_654 like this.
  3. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

I don't think it's necessarily bad/unexpected for a singer in his mid/late 30s to not be able to hit the notes he did at 19 or 20 anymore, granted smoking like a chimney doesn't help, but i think of late, adam has done the best he's probably able to, and it sounds way better than tours 4-5 years ago.

4. schackbr

Regular

they generally sound way better at the beginning of tours and by the end is when they start to sound slightly worse. a lot of wear and tear i feel like.

i will say Adam's energy on stage is always top notch. that dude does not quit

Kingjohn_654 and Jdaniels like this.
  5. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Is it just me or is John Nolan getting more and more awkward/uncomfortable in a public setting?

Kingjohn_654 and Preserved Moose like this.
  6. Mcrx

Regular

Lol fun interview! I haven't seen enough interviews to say whether John looks more awkward/uncomfortable...maybe it was just that radiator they were sitting on. Haha
    What I noticed was the interviewer, Alicia Atout. I follow her because she's in a MCR group I'm in as well as a Lacuna Coil one of which she's shared her respective interviews with those bands. Like I said, fun interview!

7. thenewmatthewperry

performative angry black man Prestigious

I had a dream recently that TBS announced they were doing a new album. Wish it wasn't just a dream, the single sounded amazing.

zachmacD, Kingjohn_654 and irthesteve like this.
  8. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

John is definitely a kook but never seemed to be like, a weird/creepy one haha. Pretty sure the dude is baked out 97% of the time.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  9. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I just don't ever remember him being that awkward/uncomfortable in interviews and/or in performances in the past. Even when they do their livestream performances, Adam kind of does all the talking and John's just kind of...there.

Saw them in Cleveland - back to back nights - last month...and even then I thought John just kind of looked distant. Not necessarily in a bad way or anything, just not as active or engaged as he used to be.

10. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Louder now was better than expected live. Adam had a tough time finishing the set vocally but the first 3/4s of the set he sounded good.

11. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

The 20-year-tour is officially over. Seemed like it lasted forever, haha.

Wouldn't be surprised if we don't hear from them for 6-8 months.

My guess is an album wouldn't be released until Fall 2020 at the earliest.

Kingjohn_654 and Gnarly Charlie like this.
  12. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

13. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

yeah that sounds about right. They'll prob take some time off and then get together in the spring to start recording a new album

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  14. clockwise

GREEN DUDES BEST GREEN DAY PODCAST Prestigious

Seems like that tour lasted for 20 years amirite

15. schackbr

Regular

Kingjohn_654 and David87 like this.
  16. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

Also later on when they reunite he says the “foursome” made new music and such. I’m glad John at least did mention Eddie.

Kingjohn_654 and teebs41 like this.
  17. BTDandFeelingThis

Now I Know This World Isn’t Spinning Just For Me Prestigious

18. mattav152

Release My Mind, My Garden Grows

I totally agree with them that El Paso is a super underrated song. I always thought people would looooove it in a live setting. Kinda funny that most of those are off S/T too (Which I'd consider one of their weaker album overall despite a few gems)

19. Preserved Moose

Amateur Hour

El Paso is cool. I like the pre chorussy bit a lot. It doesn't really fit with the album though. It's more fitting with the more aggressive songs from that bonus disc that didn't make the album (but should have).

20. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Interesting to hear their take on Everything Must Go. I personally think it's overrated, but it's one of the more talked about songs from them on this website.

I wonder how many times they've now told the El Paso reaction story, 100?

On their list, the only songs I really agree with are Homecoming, Call me in the Morning and A Slowdance.

I did not know that This is All Now was originally a Straylight song. That's cool to hear. I've heard the Slowdance/Prom night trade story before. I used to love This is All Now, but I don't think it has aged that well tbh.

Who are you Anyway and Since You're Gone are two of my least favorite TBS song.

21. Ben Lee

I drink coffee and dad my kids Supporter

How I Met Your Mother is one of the best songs they've ever written. I was blown away that it didn't make the record.

22. manoverboard365

Trusted

I 100% agree with El Paso, This is All Now, Call Me in the Morning, Slowdance, Everything Must Go and Homecoming being underrated.

But I wish they mentioned Carpathia. I friggin love that song.

23. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

This Is All Now is top tier and definitely should be a staple imo

Collins, RJ Knorr, mattav152 and 5 others like this.
  24. schackbr

Regular

there's a couple of tunes off of New Again that I'd still love to hear live.

Sink Into Me, Carpathia, Swing, EMG should be in sets.

25. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Swing may just be the band's most underrated song (LOVE Carpathia too).

I remember before New Again was released they were doing these limo promotions where the band was letting fans onto the limo to listen to New Again before its release and I think the consensus (at least then) was Swing was the fan favorite.