Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Taking Back Sunday Band • Page 270

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by JordanKTM, Apr 25, 2016.

1. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

Didn’t Tom Delonge direct the video for This Photograph Is Proof?

Kingjohn_654 and MRose24 like this.
  2. Chcurry182

Trusted Supporter

Someone sold a vinyl bundle of Louder Now, Where You Want To Be, and self-titled all for only $35. I already own self-titled but I couldn’t pass it up.

Jdaniels likes this.
  3. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

He did indeed.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  4. schackbr

Regular

that list was so bad.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  5. mattav152

Release My Mind, My Garden Grows

That list is straight ass wtf. Money should be last and preface shouldn't even count imo. Your own disaster deserves better.

6. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Same. One of my all-time favorite TBS songs.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  7. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

At Tuesday's show, before that song, Adam said 'the man who directed this next video is responsible for proving there are aliens'

Kingjohn_654 and Jdaniels like this.
  8. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

One of the worst songs the band has ever done imo lol

9. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

One of my favorites haha.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  10. RyanPm40

I just can't think of a song where Adams voice has sounded worse so that might be what kills it for me. Very screechy

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  11. i do think that adam's performance brings that song down. he sounds good on the rest of that album though

12. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I'll admit it's a little on screechy side of his performances, but too me it works similar to some of the cracks and vocal strains he has on songs like 180 by Summer. It feels strained but raw.

Kingjohn_654 and RyanPm40 like this.
  13. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Yeah I think Holy Water is by far the worst song on Tidal Wave and I’d probably rank it in their bottom 10 or 15 or so.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  14. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

"Holy Water" is in fact their best song

aoftbsten likes this.
  15. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

adam's voice is real screechy on "holy water" but i think that's weirdly, for once, a good thing? it adds a lot to the intensity of the chorus for me. love the way his and john's singing contrast on that song too

16. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

Listening to Live From Bamboozle 09. One of, if not my favorite version of You Know How I Do

aoftbsten likes this.
  17. schackbr

Regular

at one point during the fred era they did a version of "you know how i do" where the entire first verse was really slowed down and this really ominous beautiful version and then they'd explode for the chorus. there used to be videos....i've searched high and low and can't find them anymore

Kingjohn_654 and aoftbsten like this.
  18. RJ Knorr

Trusted Supporter

It’s not the greatest quality but this is the only video I’ve seen of that version

19. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I love that version

Kingjohn_654 and RJ Knorr like this.
  20. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

They added in My Name is Jonas cover in the encore the last few nights. So jealous.

Jdaniels and Kingjohn_654 like this.
  21. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  22. sukottokairu

Regular

i like Holy Water, and i think the album performance is pretty good actually, but man Adam's voice just can't handle that intensity anymore :( some of the live vids of that song are pretty rough.

23. RyanPm40

I've reached a point in my life where I just have no desire to see bands that perform poorly live anymore, even if I really enjoy their music. I'll still listen to their new albums, but I could live without seeing TBS or blink-182 live again heh. Glad I can at least say I've seen both of them multiple times at this point anyways

GhostDiaper, zachmacD and Jdaniels like this.
  24. BTDandFeelingThis

Now I Know This World Isn’t Spinning Just For Me Prestigious

I feel Adams voice is so much better these days though.

Jdaniels likes this.
  25. RyanPm40

I agree that it is, at least since New Again. And for the most part, I like how he sounds on their newest album. But they also play a lot of their old hits that he really can't do anymore, and I always thought Fred and Fazzi were better vocalists and guitarists than John

Jdaniels and nohandstoholdonto like this.