Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Taking Back Sunday Band • Page 269

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by JordanKTM, Apr 25, 2016.

1. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

2. BTDandFeelingThis

Now I Know This World Isn’t Spinning Just For Me Prestigious

Hahaha yeah now everyone At this show knows I have a signed TAYF on my person lol

3. BTDandFeelingThis

So either he wasn’t aware of forgot, but my friend mentioned to adam that he found them from Spin being on madden. Adam called him out before they played it and said he wasn’t aware and had to google it and it shocked him lol

4. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I just listnened to the studio version of this song with Adam, and it is terrible, haha

5. schackbr

Regular

sounds like adam's parts are an afterthought. song itself is kinda nice but, the production feels weird

irthesteve likes this.
  6. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Yeah the lyrics from Cute do not fit within the rest of the regular song, super weird

7. schackbr

Regular

the first verse does...second not so much

8. BTDandFeelingThis

This is legit still my favorite live TBS video

9. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Posted this in the tour thread but will post it here too: Saw them Monday and Tuesday night in Cleveland.

I thought both shows were pretty good. Not the best I've ever seen them, but not the worst either. To be honest, my expectations weren't all that high due to this being a very long year of touring for them and I figured Adam's voice would be completely shot by this point but he sounded pretty good for the most part.

Adam talked WAYYY too much throughout, killing the vibe quite a bit of times in my opinion. Also, that autotune mic or whatever it is he kept using was way overboard and completely inaudible (I think it was messed up the first night). I felt at times they were being loud just for the sake of being loud. Honestly two of the loudest shows I can recall in recent memory.

While Adam did talk a lot, he did throw in some interesting tidbits every now and then about some of the songs, which was kind of cool.

10. BTDandFeelingThis

You mean that distortion microphone like he uses for the bridge in Error:Operator? Yeah he loves that thing they’ve used it every year for the past couple years for numerous parts in songs

11. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Yeah, I've seen him use it on occasion over the years, however he used it on nearly every single song throughout both shows - even in parts where he used to not. Like, the Spin video you posted above (granted, from 13/14 years ago) he uses the regular mic for the breakdown, which sounds great. For these shows he's doing nearly all those into the distortion mic. Also, the settings on the mic were horrendous and completely inaudible. Just seemed really unnecessary.

12. BTDandFeelingThis

To be fair, when I saw them play Spin in 2017 he used it for the breakdown then too. I think he uses it for the higher pitched yelling moments that ruin his voice these days, maybe why he still sounds good this far into the tour (voice management)

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  13. Vs.

Regular

I saw them earlier this year and he didn’t use it all that much from what I remember. Of course it’s loud and distorted but I didn’t really notice any issue.

14. Oh damn this is the video that got me into the band back in the day. The entire set is basically them on their top form.

15. jesseisabigdeal

Regular

i love this. that ending is borderline screamo

16. jesseisabigdeal

Regular

where can i find the whole set?

17. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

I had that whole set recorded in the tv back in the day. It’s so good.

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  18. Unfortunately it's not on youtube anymore. I remember One Eighty By Summer, Error Operator, and MakeDamnSure still being available a few years back.

19. RJ Knorr

Trusted Supporter

Unfortunately I think the set is all cut up in individual videos on YouTube. Here are the rest of the songs though

20. schackbr

Regular

this photograph is proof is SO good in this video

21. jesseisabigdeal

Regular

thank you!

22. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

23. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  24. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

*Open and sees Holy Water is 88. Immediately closes list*

25. Greg Oct 25, 2019
    (Last edited: Oct 25, 2019)
    Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

I thought about doing it when I saw Your Own Disaster as dead last.

Kingjohn_654 and aoftbsten like this.