Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Taking Back Sunday Band • Page 268

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by JordanKTM, Apr 25, 2016.

1. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

Interesting! I have always just had my own rip of the album for years, so I never noticed it.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  2. nohandstoholdonto

problem addict Prestigious

Score’s too high

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  3. It's on Spotify too. And yeah, "The Blue Channel" still has the fast piano.

aoftbsten likes this.
  4. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

Kingjohn_654 and DaydreamNation like this.
  5. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Oh wow. Can't wait to listen. Won't be able to for a few hours though.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  6. Dog Fish

Mutt

7. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Fred playing guitar for Dashboard would have been weird.

8. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

A lot of this was familiar territory but below are some interesting (some are well known) bullet points for those who couldn't/haven't listened.

* Fred and Eddie have known each other well before TBS was formed.
    * As mentioned in my previous post, Fred talked to Chris about playing in Dashboard before joining TBS.
    * Fred called Eddie when John quit TBS. Mentioned he was interested in joining. Eddie said the band was having tryouts but they'd hire Fred on the spot but Fred said he wanted to tryout to earn his spot. Said he went to Walmart right after that convo to buy TAYF to learn it.
    * Fred says he was pretty much miserable the entire tenure in the band.
    * Basically said the 8-year difference between himself and the rest of the band - outside of Eddie - was what caused personal differences. He said he spent most of his time with the band in the back of a bus writing while rest of the band lived it up. He said what bothered him back then wouldn't bother him now and realizes the rest of the band are all now grown up too (married, kids, etc).
    * Says he was very worried that TBS couldn't make a third great album together (after Louder Now) and 'didn't want to be on the album that flopped'
    * He still talks to Eddie/Matt a lot. Him and Eddie are planning to play shows together.
    * He spent some times producing for some local bands after Terrible Things.
    * He mentions talking to Adam about a year ago - says it's the first time they've talked in 12 years (although I swear to God Adam posted a photo online 8-10 years ago of them together, well after Fred had left the band).
    * Fred says Matt called him 5 minutes after he was kicked out of TBS. He said Matt was unhappy being in the band, but didn't want to get kicked out and practically begged the band to just let John back and not Shaun. The band was set on returning to the original line-up
    * Fred says he didn't want to tour with Straylight Run, but had to because they were supposed to tour with AVA but the tour was pushed back and they needed to do something in the meantime. He said he wasn't happy with how that Straylight tour went down
    * Fred says he was shocked when John/Shaun rejoined
    * Fred says he's recently listened to the 'newer' TBS albums and likes some of it. Name dropped Happiness Is as his favorite. But says it's tough to listen to because he just thinks of things he would have done on all the songs.
    * Doesn't regret leaving TBS
    * He says Adam was upset when he first heard Get Out from Color Fred...which Adam admitted in the AP Oral History. Fred replied to Adam that he had brought these songs to the band previously for TBS songs and they were rejected.
    * Him and his wife own a vegan restaurant in PA.
    * Fred hopes to do more touring 'of some kind' in 2020. Hopes to have a new Color Fred EP out too.

Kind of disappointed they barely touched on Terrible Things.

9. Jdaniels

Regular

Going to Nashville tonight. Hoping for wywb.

10. RJ Knorr

Trusted Supporter

You’re right

[​IMG]

Kingjohn_654, ncarrab and Jdaniels like this.
  11. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

I also remember Fred posted a photo at some point in the last 10 years where he caught up with Adam at some outdoor music fest on Twitter or something basically showing they were still on good terms and then an interview came out shortly after with Adam talking shit and Fred finding out about it and being bummed.

Jdaniels likes this.
  12. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

What was he not happy about with the Straylight tour?

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  13. BTDandFeelingThis

Now I Know This World Isn’t Spinning Just For Me Prestigious

2400A469-8AFD-41C2-A5EF-6E5090364ADB.jpeg

14. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  15. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I’m paraphrasing but Shane was like “yeah when you quit TBS, it’s not like you shut up about it. The Color Fred songs were clearly about TBS and then you stuck it to them further by touring with John and Shaun” and then asked if that was supposed to be a further dig at TBS but Fred didn’t really answer it clearly just said he was not happy how that came about and that it wasn’t even supposed to happen but the AVA tour got pushed back.

The way I took it was Fred more so wasn’t happy on how it was interpreted rather than anything about the actual tour. I actually saw that tour, I remember being shocked at how little attended it was.

Sadly, Shane didn’t really follow up much about it for more details. Didn’t ask how his relationship was with John or Shaun and didn’t even mention the Will Noon connection, which Fred had with Will prior to TBS.

Kingjohn_654, Jdaniels and RyanPm40 like this.
  16. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

That makes sense because Fred said he wanted to talk to Adam because he was “too old for drama” and “just wanted to be friends” so he reached out to him last year. The whole time he was talking I was thinking that they’ve been cool all this time but maybe what you said is true.

I also thought in my head...and this is a long shot, but maybe he called Adam to see about replacing Eddie, haha.

Kingjohn_654 and Jdaniels like this.
  17. BTDandFeelingThis

18. Jdaniels

Regular

Cause I'm a creeper. And it's rare to find online friends in real life!

19. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

20. RJ Knorr

Trusted Supporter

haha all I did was google Adam Lazzara and Fred Mascherino then clicked the images tab

Kingjohn_654 and ncarrab like this.
  21. schackbr

Regular

Did you guys know Adam is singing on James Arthur’s new record?

Also the song features lyrics from ‘Cute Without The E’

22. GBlades

Trusted

Really? That's such an odd pairing. I've met James a few times and had no inkling of any of this!

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  23. BTDandFeelingThis

Round 2
    7C7E1894-A0B1-41D7-9A2B-8CD97C3A943A.jpeg C7B772F6-54BF-4735-9EA0-21007772B07E.jpeg