Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Taking Back Sunday Band • Page 267

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by JordanKTM, Apr 25, 2016.

1. His album as Death In The Park was so good, and I can easily imagine most of the songs being repurposed for TBS at the time.

chewbacca110, RJ Knorr and Orla like this.
  2. Sal Paradise

Trusted

If I remember correctly, the rumor was so strong that he even commented on it. Said that he auditioned but hadn’t yet been asked to join.

It’s sort of interesting that the band had an audition with an established name (within the scene) and choose to go with a much more unknown person

Kingjohn_654 and mattylikesfilms like this.
  3. Orla

little old lady Prestigious

If I recall, it was Eddie who campaigned pretty hard for Fazzi since he was a big fan of Facing New York

4. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

Fazzi was a great choice.

5. mattylikesfilms Sep 25, 2019
    (Last edited: Sep 25, 2019)
    mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Yup and yup! Love Fazzi! Being from the Bay Area, Facing New York was a pretty huge band for the local scene, so I was stoked when he was announced for TBS. It's also been pretty crazy to see Ricky Reed (singer of FNY) doing his thing now with producing and being pretty damn successful with it.

6. Daniel182

I believe the TAYF remaster drops tomorrow.

Kingjohn_654 and MRose24 like this.
  7. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

Cool! Should be interesting?

Also, I’m finally seeing them Tuesday/Wednesday! I feel like I bought tickets forever ago.

Kingjohn_654 and Daniel182 like this.
  8. mattav152

Release My Mind, My Garden Grows

Feels like I bought tickets for this tour like 6 months ago. I totally forgot about it for a couple months and got real scared recently when I remembered it, thinking it was in September and I'd missed it. Still feels weird its another month til they play Boston.

Kingjohn_654 and Jdaniels like this.
  9. Dog Fish

Mutt

think they'll go back to the original Blue Channel intro?

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  10. Daniel182

Good question! I’m predicting no, but we’ll see.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  11. Dog Fish

Mutt

I'm honestly not really sure what remastering really is. Do they just adjust the levels in the mix? How much more can they do?

12. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

A good master can improve a great mix, but can’t fix a bad one.

13. Daniel182

Remaster is up on Apple Music. It’s buried in their albums category.

I noticed WYWTB is missing in their albums, and it’s currently under compilations.

14. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

bradsonemanband and Rowan5215 like this.
  15. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

Are there any noticeable differences?

Kingjohn_654 and bradsonemanband like this.
  16. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

as if they didn't include "The Ballad of Sal Villenueva"! idiots!

17. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Overall, it does sound better but it’s nothing major in my opinion.

Timberwolves remastered is a highlight though.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  18. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Sounds like maybe there’s a bit more headroom and the mix is opened up a bit.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  19. I can definitely hear the differences and it makes listening to this exciting again! Nice!

EDIT: Until now, I've never heard the "I know something that you don't know" lines at the end of "Timberwolves." It's so cool! You can really hear the background vocals/instruments much better on this version.

20. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

this has ALWAYS been an issue. even when i loaded the CD into my computer back in the day (listen to me talking about cds and computers) it would always come up in itunes as a compilation and i never knew why

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  21. Preserved Moose

Amateur Hour

Maybe the drums are a little more prominent and the second guitar ever so slightly too? I'm flicking back and forth between itunes and spotify listening to CWTE and I think the snare MIGHT be slightly crisper and a little brighter. I might just be looking for things that aren't there and have them at different volumes haha.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  22. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Is it only on Apple Music? I don't have it and can't find on Spotify or Amazon Music.

My one question, is The Blue Channel piano intro still fast or did they slow it down like how the band wants it to be heard?

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  23. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Judging by that runtime, I’m guessing still fast

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  24. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Lol a blue powder suit though? Not exactly trying to fly under the radar there

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  25. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

ahh! I didn't even think to look at that. Also I totally forgot their was a spotify embed here. Not sure how I couldn't find it haha.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.