Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Taking Back Sunday Band • Page 265

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by JordanKTM, Apr 25, 2016.

1. I still hope they'll eventually release the 2010 demos for You Should've Waited and Best Places To Be A Mom.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  2. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

I think they have!

3. LuigiPeppercorn

Trusted Prestigious

Listening to New again for the first time in forever and I was actually enjoying it and then cut me up Jenny hit

cut me up jenneeeeee

cut me up JENNNAYYYYY

this song is something y’all

I’ve never been much of a New again guy but for the most part this is better than I remember

4. jesseisabigdeal

Regular

one of my top 10 favourite TBS songs

5. Gnarly Charlie

Good guy, but a bad dude

I really liked it at release. Can’t stand it now. That screech he does is something.

6. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

TBF, I think he's saying "cut me up gently" in the 2nd, screechier part, but yeah that's the worst part of the song for sure.

I do like the chorus though.

7. nohandstoholdonto

problem addict Prestigious

I like but don’t love CMUJ, I don’t hate anything on that record tho.

8. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

Jenny is the last TBS song I would listen to hah

Kross, jordalsh and RJ Knorr like this.
  9. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I will not listen to - or read - any slander about Cut Me Up Jenny.

10. Sal Paradise

Trusted

I’ve never fully understood the hate for Cut Me Up Jenny... or Miami for that matter

11. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

I get why people don’t like CMUJ, at least the chorus, but I’ve always really liked it. There is no excuse for not liking Miami.

12. schackbr

Regular

two of my favorite TBS songs.

13. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

14. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

"that's what happens when you write dope shit" it's true, mark

happy birthday tidal wave

BTDandFeelingThis likes this.
  15. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

I enjoy both songs, but I can understand the hate for Cut Me Up Jenny. Adams vocals are pretty rough in that one

16. mattylikesfilms Sep 16, 2019
    (Last edited: Sep 16, 2019)
    mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I've been defending New Again for a decade now on this site lol. It's awesome to see the support years later since it felt like almost everyone on this site did not respond well to it at first. Not only do I think it's easily one of their best records - but I think the record would have been even better if they went with a different producer. Their live record with Fazzi showed how incredible they could have sounded if their producer didn't hold Fazzi back in the vocal department.

Also, Cut Me Up Jenny is one of the best TBS songs of all time as far as I'm concerned.

17. Collins

Trusted

The rhythm in that song is so good. Definitely not Adam’s worst vocal performance either.

But yeah, not his best haha

nohandstoholdonto likes this.
  18. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

The way he screeches "Cut me up Jenny... CUT ME UP JENNAAYYY" is like nails on a chalkboard to me haha I can look past it though. Love that album in general.

nohandstoholdonto and aoftbsten like this.
  19. nohandstoholdonto

problem addict Prestigious

The only record that’s better than it in their discography is WYWTB but even still sometimes I will reach for NA over it. I also honestly don’t mind that Fazzi takes a backseat role in it that much for the most part, even tho I love his voice and def would have welcomed it had it been more prominent on the record. It just isn’t something that actively detracts from the record for me. I think the production on it may be my favorite of all their records overall, to be honest.

Orla likes this.
  20. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I think I agree with that, in terms of ranking. I like the production but hate the role the producer took in cutting a few tracks like “Winter Passing” and I would have much preferred hearing Fazzi having a more prominent role in the vocal department like Fred did.

Anyways, I couldn’t help myself:

WYWTB > New Again/Louder Now >>> Tidal Wave > Happiness Is > TAYF > Self Titled

21. If you swap out the blandest songs for the bsides, New Again is such a strong record. It also flows very well with Fazzi's album as Happy Body Slow Brain. I'm a sucker for the jazzy chords and the melodies he comes up with around them.

Orla, aoftbsten, RyanPm40 and 4 others like this.
  22. Happy Body Slow Brain's first album is sooo good

23. BTDandFeelingThis

Now I Know This World Isn’t Spinning Just For Me Prestigious

Must....not....rank....

WYWTB
    Tidal Wave
    Louder Now
    Happiness Is
    TAYF
    New Again
    Self Titled

Orla and MRose24 like this.
  24. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

I’m 3 weeks away from my shows. As someone who lived a little to far (based on my income at the time) from the TAYF shows in the past, I’m excited to hear it live. I am pumped to hear LN/WYWTB, even if I don’t love every song. I do wish I was getting Tidal Wave, or Hapiness Is..., or even self titled instead of TAYF a second time. But I’ll still have fun.

25. Yeah it still blows my mind. It's a shame there was such a big gap between this one and the Rare Futures one. I should revisit the latter.