Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Taking Back Sunday Band • Page 258

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by JordanKTM, Apr 25, 2016.

1. nickdr921

Regular

The baby on where you want to be album art was never Eddie after all...according to FRED

2. schackbr

Regular

where did fred talk about WYWTB?

Davjs likes this.
  3. Ronald.

Trusted

What's up with Atom Willard from AVA / Against Me playing sets with TBS? Does anyone know what the deal is? Looks like the drummer had a baby and is taking some time off. I would love if he fills in at RIOT. He is a legend and that would be so fun to see live.

4. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

He was at my date on July 14. Adam said their drummer was home having a baby.

5. nickdr921

Regular

On thecolorfred Instagram

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  6. RobJGolde

Wrecked 'em? Damn near killed 'em!

Annnnd finally we get a full video of Little Devotional live. They sound really tight with this song, so here’s hoping it starts making regular appearances outside of the “Twenty” tour

Kingjohn_654 and unbornwhiskey like this.
  7. "El Paso" should always be played

8. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

This was a cool one. I was at one of the Milton Keynes shows they were talking about! I still remember it to this day, I was in eighth grade and rock the wind knocked out of me in the mosh pit. They also played a new song that I thought was heavy as hell (it was probably Ghost).

I really want those lost TBS demos John and Mark were talking about.

Kingjohn_654 and Jdaniels like this.
  9. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I saw them tour WYWTB 3 times and they were definitely playing Ghost and Error Operator at those shows (obviously before LN was released)

10. Gnarly Charlie

Good guy, but a bad dude

Been jamming tidal wave a lot. What an album. The Happiness Is to Tidal Wave era is for sure the best the band has ever been

11. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

12. RobJGolde

I’m interested to hear his take on it. I’m surprised he didn’t do the same for Louder Now since he wrote a majority of the music for it. He’ll probably just do this one because it’s a landmark birthday.

13. Yellowcard2006

Trusted

Fred reflects on WYWTB

14. RobJGolde

Loved that. Really cool to hear him talk about their approach to writing those songs and how the combo of their individual tastes and styles took their sound to the next level.
    Also, I can’t begin to describe how huge of an influence those open-string/pull-off riffs from Set Phasers, Bonus Mosh, Little Devotional, Error: Operator and Spin were on my development as a guitar player.

Collins, Orla, Kingjohn_654 and 3 others like this.
  15. Yellowcard2006

Trusted

I liked how he mentioned which songs he wrote lyrics for and it's obvious looking at the songs but something I never really considered. There's never been much info about the writing of this album so that video was a treat.

16. withchappedlips

#nothingiseasy

Watching that makes me feel so many mixed emotions. What the hell happened during the Louder Now era that pushed him out? Obviously, we all know pieces of the story, it’s just sad because he is such a talented guy and they really had something special with him in the band.
    It’s so weird how he left on such a sour note considering just how nice and appreciative he comes off in every single video I watch of his today.

17. Yellowcard2006

Trusted

Both "Complaintor" written by Fred and "Capital M-E" by the Adam (I assume) seem to paint a picture of just personality clashes and maybe things weren't as nice as they were in the beginning. My understanding is he just wasn't fitting in anymore with the band. I don't there's it's ever been specifically documented what led to the line-up change. It is nice to know he still talks with the band and there's no bad blood.

18. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

The band cared more about food and cooking than writing new music. So Fred left.

Great video and great era. I remember buying the cd the day it dropped and it blasted away the rest of summer into the fall of my senior year.

Makes me wonder what the band would be like if Fred stayed. I also wish he’d rejoin the band with John still there.

Time to listen to Terrible Things now.

19. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

There are some great songs on that Terrible Things album.

20. Yellowcard2006

Trusted

While we are on the topic of Fred there's a new The Color Fred EP coming this year. This is the first song he's released from it

aoftbsten, mattav152, Lenin and 2 others like this.
  21. RobJGolde

IIRC from the Alt Press interview from 2011, when Mark got injured during the 2007 Projekt Revolution tour, Fred started planted the seed to get a permanent replacement for Mark, plus Fred was upset that he had written a majority of the music for Louder Now, but was not getting paid the royalties he thought he deserved for putting in the most work during that time. Again, that I could be wrong about that but I think that’s what was said in the article.

22. schackbr

Regular

that was a pretty cool video. cool to hear he still talks to some of the guys in the band.

i know there was some bad blood based on the Alternative Press interviews years ago.

RobJGolde and nohandstoholdonto like this.
  23. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

The video made me throw on the album, still an absolute god damn classic

Collins, Orla, disambigujason and 4 others like this.
  24. Gnarly Charlie

Good guy, but a bad dude

It’s aged so much better than most of its contemporaries

Collins, Orla, teebs41 and 2 others like this.
  25. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

This is so cool. I love Fred's videos. He just seems like the most genuine, down to earth kind of guy. Happy to hear he said he talked with some of the guys last week about the album's anniversary. I hope they're all on good terms now seeing as the break-up occurred more than 12 years ago.

WIsh he'd put out more music consistently, whether it be The Color Fred or Terrible Things, which was terribly underrated.

teebs41 and RyanPm40 like this.