Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Taking Back Sunday Band • Page 257

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by JordanKTM, Apr 25, 2016.

1. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I'm also wondering if there are any type of legal ramifications they may have to sort through seeing as Eddie is/was the founding member of the band and they may have to wait to sort out certain things before making/releasing albums with out him? I don't know, that could be a stretch in thinking but it's crossed my mind before.

2. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

I mean I’m just saying a long time member like that leaving can affect the entire band dynamic. Each remaining member had their own relationship with him and him leaving effected each in their own way. It would make sense that they would rather do a “reset” and tour before jumping into a new album. Plus they probably wanted to figure out how they’d move forward live without him (which they have, brilliantly). It’s a combination of both for sure

Joe4th and Yellowcard2006 like this.
  3. Kevin_MI

I don't think Eddie is gone for good?

I thought he was just taking a leave to get his addiction under control before coming back? I assumed his new band was just a side project like how John and Adam have theirs?

I assumed the extended 20 year tour was to give Eddie time to get his personal life in order before slowly getting back into the swing of things.

4. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Didn’t Eddie open a restaurant? I could be thinking of someone else haha

5. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I don't believe they have 100% shut the door on him returning in the future but the initial announcement was TBS and Eddie 'parting ways' and they wished him well in 'future endeavors.'

I would be pretty surprised to see him ever return.

6. Davjs

Trusted

You are thinking of KoRn's ex drummer David Silveria. Both bands are super similar in sound, I mix them up all the time.

irthesteve and JRGComedy like this.
  7. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

Eddie said in an interview that he’s doing his new band and if the band ever hit him up asking him to come back he’d say yes but he doesn’t see it happening

BTDandFeelingThis likes this.
  8. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

very late response here but: "Decade" live at Orensanz is one of my favourite things this band ever did

9. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I’m just seeing this but apparently they played El Paso last week in Milwaukee.

bradsonemanband, Davjs, Orla and 2 others like this.
  10. BTDandFeelingThis

Now I Know This World Isn’t Spinning Just For Me Prestigious

As they should!

bradsonemanband, Davjs and Orla like this.
  11. Orla

little old lady Prestigious

El Paso absolutely slaps live. Glad they’ve begun playing it again.

12. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

They didn't play it at my date last Friday :(

13. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Seeing them at House of Vans tonight and I’m so excited it’s been a while since I’ve seen them. Almost 2 years I think. I just hope getting there an hour before doors is enough to guarantee a spot

BTDandFeelingThis and Orla like this.
  14. Orla

little old lady Prestigious

Last time I went there for a show, I got there 2 hours early and was still like 40th in line. That was on a weekday, too, so I can only imagine what the queue today will look like. In any case, have a good time!

15. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

I told my phone to play The Color Fred in the car and it autoplayed to Capital M-E after. I felt attacked for my choice lmao.

Collins, irthesteve, Jdaniels and 5 others like this.
  16. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Hey! I'm thinking about (likely) going if you wanted to meet up at all! (Potentially in line so I can help ya get in because if I go I'll probably get there 1.5-2ish hours early).

17. Jdaniels

Regular

I can really only justify one night of this show when it hits nashville.. I'm torn between first and second night. I know it doesnt matter... but could anyone sway me?

18. BTDandFeelingThis

Do both nights. Me and my friend nick will be at both it’ll be just like when we met up in 2016 lol

Jdaniels and aoftbsten like this.
  19. Jdaniels

Regular

Dude, that's $150 bucks.. I still owe the state of TN $4000. I get $500 every 2 weeks and school starting again means kids will need stuff again. Theres no way I can justify it :/ whereas 60 bucks I can kinda get away with.

20. BTDandFeelingThis

Ah well then night 1

Jdaniels likes this.
  21. brendanmachow

not a doctor

There's a sundown clause in many contracts that allows past members to make money off future releases (with amount reduced with each release).

22. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I knew Slowdance was written originally with John/Shaun but did not know that some Straylight songs were originally TBS songs. Wonder which ones. One Had to have been Existentialism on Prom Night...maybe that’s why TBS played it so much on the reunion tour.

Kingjohn_654 and aoftbsten like this.
  23. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

Eddie called it. Right before the Mohawk story they show Mark and I instantly thought of Travis, even without the Mohawk showing, he had a hat on.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  24. RJ Knorr

Trusted Supporter

I know Mark played on the original Straylight demos. I think that’s what John is referencing here.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  25. RobJGolde

Wrecked 'em? Damn near killed 'em!

“Mistakes We Knew We Were Making” and “...Slowdance” both have some similar drum patterns IIRC.

Kingjohn_654 and Jdaniels like this.