Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Taking Back Sunday Band • Page 256

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by JordanKTM, Apr 25, 2016.

1. Dog Fish

Mutt

plus, v1 had like 18 songs! what is this 12 song shit?

ok but the site is pretty funny: Punk Goes Acoustic

SaveTheEarth and Yellowcard2006 like this.
  2. manoverboard365

Trusted

This version of Decade sounds so good!

3. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

the first acoustic version of a taking back sunday song i've liked in my whole life lol

Orla likes this.
  4. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

5. Yellowcard2006

Trusted

The Almost coming back from the dead for the closing track. Interesting.

New version of decade is cool.

SaveTheEarth, Brent and irthesteve like this.
  6. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

They finally talk about an album john and shaun were a part of and whaddya know its not “well this is a record we made” then spend 4 minutes talking about a coffee shop 3 blocks from the studio lol

Really liked that vid

Preserved Moose and Jdaniels like this.
  7. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

I'd love a new Almost album.

8. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

they were incredible at warped, one of the best sets of the weekend

9. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

Can't wait to see them on Friday! It's a headline show, so will probably have a longer setlist.

10. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

Finally listened to the acoustic Decade, love it a lot

11. Yellowcard2006

Trusted

This may be old news but I had no idea TBS was selling the TAYF10 live DVD on their web store, I thought it was impossible to get now.

Just got a copy last night.

12. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Taking Back Sunday headlines GSB Fest's opening night

Nolan says they should put a sticker on their next album that says, “‘Real rock ‘n’ roll guys’ — Billy Joel.”

“That’s what we should call the album,” O’Connell says.

“Done!” says Lazzara, laughing. “We don’t have one note written, but now we have a title.”

sophos34 and BTDandFeelingThis like this.
  13. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Sooo...sounds like they haven't been writing a new album?

Dog Fish and BTDandFeelingThis like this.
  14. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

Sounds like they’re planning to do an album though

BTDandFeelingThis likes this.
  15. Yellowcard2006

Trusted

Wow 2020 at the earliest then, big gap for them especially without any big label or line-up changes.

16. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

what are you talking about Eddie left the band

17. Yellowcard2006

Trusted

More like new members not departing members. Like if John and Shawn got replaced again.

18. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

a founding member leaving the band is a significant line up change whether he was replaced or not though

Joe4th likes this.
  19. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Maybe Adam was joking about the 'no notes written for an album' comment because I definitely recall interviews from 2018 where they talk about writing and being in the studio together working on a new album.

Here's one I found very quickly. I know there are others.

Taking Back Sunday On New Album Plans: “It’s Better Than Ever” - News - Rock Sound Magazine

We caught up with the band at a recent UK show to see how far into new ideas they have gotten so far, with Adam revealing that writing sessions are already well underway for the follow up to 2016's 'Tidal Wave':

"We were in the studio just two weeks ago working on new tunes...just kinda throwing ideas at the wall, see what sticks. Between touring we've been starting to kick around ideas...It's a little past the demo stage but not completion stage."

That said, given their touring schedule for the rest of the year, I'd be shocked if they released something by 2020 and even then, it'd probably be Spring/Summer 2020 because I'm sure they'll want to take a break from touring given their crazy 2019 schedule.

Yellowcard2006 likes this.
  20. Yellowcard2006

Trusted

I just don't see that specific change as likely to effect an album cycle. Maybe their 20 years event/tour is more the reason for the bigger gap. I assume they are still on Hopeless for the next one.

21. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

Really? I can think of a dozen ways that someone who was in the band for 20 years leaving might push back an album cycle

22. Yellowcard2006

Trusted

A lead singer/guitarist or lyricist? Sure.

If they had no drummer for 6 months? Sure. Outside of his own guitar parts was Eddie taking a big role on the songwriting that I'm not aware of?

23. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

there’s so much more to being in a band/making an album than going in, tracking “your own parts,” and then leaving

24. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I think both Eddie leaving AND their 20-year-tour anniversary have been major reasons for the long delay (for their standards) in between albums.

My belief is that they put a huge priority on focusing on this 20-year tour which is definitely their right to do so as they have deserved to celebrate the achievement. Not too many bands can say they've been around - and relevant - for 20 years.

sophos34 and Davjs like this.
  25. Yellowcard2006

Trusted

Ok then I'm fine attributing the longer gap to Eddie along with the 20 year album (there were 2 new songs on that) and tour plan. Sorry for minimizing his role in their album creation if that's what you're getting at.