Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Taking Back Sunday Band • Page 235

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by JordanKTM, Apr 25, 2016.

1. Davjs

Trusted

I don't know how everyone feels about Stood a Chance (I love it) but the faint "Hot damn, tell me that don't feel good!" part from Adam always puts me in a good mood. Such a fun song.

2. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Agree 100%, really love that song. It’s, as they say, a bop.

disambigujason and Davjs like this.
  3. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

Love it

Davjs likes this.
  4. Probably a "hot take" (as the cool kidz put it) but.....

Great Romances
    This Photograph is Proof
    Error Operator
    Sink Into Me
    El Paso
    Flicker, Fade
    Death Wolf

5. Davjs

Trusted

The only way this would be a hot take would be if you said those songs suck. Not my list, but a great list anyway!

chewbacca110 and bradsonemanband like this.
  6. nohandstoholdonto

problem addict Prestigious

Stood A Chance is one of my favorite songs they’ve put out since John and Shaun came back

Aregala and Davjs like this.
  7. Davjs

Trusted

This Photograph is Proof doesn't ever really get the love it deserved I don't think. I wonder why the band ignores it?

I remember getting the Spiderman 2 Soundtrack and it had that song on it awhile before WYWTB was released and it got me hyped for it.

8. nohandstoholdonto

problem addict Prestigious

Song is soooooo good. One of my favorite vocal moments from Adam is the delivery of “you see it’s never bad enough to just leave or give up but it’s never good enough to feel right.” The lil voice cracks just do it for me, and I love that they left those moments as-is throughout WYWTB, and didn’t try to over-correct his voice.

9. BTDandFeelingThis

Now I Know This World Isn’t Spinning Just For Me Prestigious

I feel like once Fred left the band abandoned that song sadly

Jdaniels and Davjs like this.
  10. Davjs

Trusted

Yes yes and yes. You nailed it dude.

nohandstoholdonto likes this.
  11. Davjs

Trusted

I need to look up videos on youtube to see how that, Union and New American Classic sound live now. Maybe if crowd response is good, I wonder if they will add those to rotation after this tour.

Bad Frequencies likes this.
  12. RobJGolde

Wrecked 'em? Damn near killed 'em!

I’ve seen the videos of “This Photograph Is Proof” and “New American Classic” and both sounded really good. In NAC, Adam plays the acoustic part, John does some ambient-esque guitar work, Nathan plays piano and Mark and Shaun obviously do their respective parts, and it all comes together really nicely.

13. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

Photograph might be my least favorite on WYWTB

14. Davjs

Trusted

That sounds awesome!

I'd love to see them bust out some others during normal tours after this. For the longest time it seems like they only play Set Phasers, Decade, 180 and Number 5 With a Bullet from that album.

15. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

16. BTDandFeelingThis

I just bought a gold with black haze variant of Happiness Is and now I know what Hapiness truly is

Collins, Gnarly Charlie and Davjs like this.
  17. Gnarly Charlie

Good guy, but a bad dude

My copy of Happiness Is skips like 15 seconds of Flicker, Fade for what seems to be no reason:(

18. BTDandFeelingThis

Hope mine doesn’t do that

19. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

i love my tan with rainbow splatter variant of TAYF but it's a victory pressing and it sounds like garbage

my favirte TBS variant is the clear/blue splatter TW. i also have an electric green see-thru variant of WYWTB, but again, victory. so sounds like poopy.

20. BTDandFeelingThis

I only have two Victory vinyls, the first two Hawthorne Heights albums. They’re recent pressings from later last year but they sound fine to me. Maybe they’ve improved pressing things lol

21. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

i'd hope so - every victory pressing I have (a few TBS and older bayside) sounds awful

22. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

sick can't wait for the 30 second video dedicated to new again

23. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

i guess that means happiness is, tell all your friends, and louder now are first up

24. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

“New again is an album we made.”

/scene

Collins, RJ Knorr, Rowan5215 and 7 others like this.
  25. "we hate it and we hate everyone who loves it, go to hell"