Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Taking Back Sunday Band • Page 223

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by JordanKTM, Apr 25, 2016.

1. Davjs

Trusted

2. RobJGolde

Wrecked 'em? Damn near killed 'em!

3. Jdaniels

Regular

That's how I feel too, and yet the posters that came with the self titled preorder some of them look so cool!

4. mattav152

Release My Mind, My Garden Grows

I think HI definitely has some great artwork. Its a fully realized theme. I love how they added the old deteriorating record sleeve texture to it and the panther is so cool looking, with great color choice to boot. Louder Now may be my favorite though soley based on the Joel Meyerowitz photo they used for the cover art. The art from S/T is a major stinker and it baffles me that they approved that cover.

5. Davjs

Trusted

I'm not convinced that the covers for that album and some PS1 game didn't get mixed up. Some PS1 game out there somwhere has the real artwork for the S/T....

6. sukottokairu

Regular

finally get to see TBS in my home state of Alaska on their world tour on Tuesday! the show is sold out and at a nice venue so it's going to be a good one, i'm super stoked!

7. RobJGolde

Wrecked 'em? Damn near killed 'em!

Checking youtube almost daily for video footage from this tour of “Little Devotional”. Still haven’t seen any.

hongfong00 and nickdr921 like this.
  8. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

What the hell is going on with twenty

CoffeeEyes17 likes this.
  9. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

What do you mean?

10. Davjs

Trusted

I think he is wondering how Liar and Faith were put on it, but El Paso, Beat Up Car and Deathwolf were left off. I can agree with that.

CoffeeEyes17 likes this.
  11. manoverboard365

Trusted

The tracklist is really confusing as it mostly looks like a collection of their singles.....but I see 4 singles missing and some random tracks added.
    Also I know the name "Twenty" refers to them being together for 20 years, but wouldn't it make more sense for the tracklist to be 20 songs long, and not 21?

12. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

seems like Adam picked that tracklist tbh those seem like songs he would pick given his frankly odd view of the bands catalog

Jdaniels and Joe4th like this.
  13. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

if adam picked it "Miami" would be on there 5 times

14. mattav152

Some of the song choices were weird for me personally. If they're going for that core TBS sound i definitely wouldn't have included songs like Sink Into Me or Faith. Both those albums have other songs that are far more deserving of a spot on this. New Again has New Again (the song), Lonely Lonely, Summer Man, Carpathia which are all wayyyy better. S/t has far better choices as well like This Is All Now or El Paso (which is one I understand not including, its still a far better song).

Also who thought it was a good idea to not have Whats It Feel Like To Be A Ghost in front of Liar? That hard cut between Ghost and My Blue Heaven is jarring as hell.

Jdaniels and Davjs like this.
  15. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

my take is usually that greatest hits albums in the playlist era are silly anyway, the album was purely for vinyl sales. They should have just released a 7" with the new songs, they could have still did the bundles with that.

mattav152 and Joe4th like this.
  16. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Lol Apple Music is missing all the hopeless tracks.. that’s what’s I meant

17. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Yeah, other than the two new tracks, I have absolutely zero use to ever listen to Twenty in any format.

18. mattav152

I'll admit I did buy a copy of the vinyl but mostly for collecting purposes. I have no reason to listen to it since I prefer listening to their albums rather than a compilation

nickdr921 likes this.
  19. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

How about for the tell all your friends remastered tracks?? They sound wayyy better

Bad Frequencies likes this.
  20. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Yeah, but the rawness of the original is what makes me love it.

Preserved Moose likes this.
  21. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

The static in the high end makes you love it more?? Haha jk

22. BTDandFeelingThis

Now I Know This World Isn’t Spinning Just For Me Prestigious

23. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

nice - that's cool to see

Jdaniels and Bad Frequencies like this.
  24. manoverboard365

Trusted

Just listened to If I Surrender for the first time in a while. Damn, that would've made such a great TBS song. Adam's vocals would've killed on it.

teebs41, Jdaniels and Bad Frequencies like this.
  25. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

I don't think Adam's vocals would add anything to that song, it's fantastic without him. Honestly that whole album is still fantastic

Jdaniels likes this.