Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Taking Back Sunday Band • Page 221

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by JordanKTM, Apr 25, 2016.

1. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Totally forgot that I saw Matt with A Great Big Pile of Leaves open up for The Front Bottoms at Musica in Akron in 2013.

Kingjohn_654 and Bad Frequencies like this.
  2. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

y'know i kinda didn't like "all ready to go" when i first heard it and now i think it's a jam?

3. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

I’ve soured a bit on the chorus but the rest and A Song For Dan are great

4. BTDandFeelingThis

Now I Know This World Isn’t Spinning Just For Me Prestigious

The chorus is awesome tho

5. Orla

little old lady Prestigious

Agreed. Fazzi singing with TBS (and especially on Orensanz) kicked so much ass live. Although I love New Again for what it is, I do think it’s a shame the sparse vocal parts he had on it are barely audible.

6. RobJGolde

Wrecked 'em? Damn near killed 'em!

Dude is ridiculously talented. I saw him do a Rare Futures show in Philly 2.5 years ago, and it was awesome. I wish he was more well known. Oddly enough, The Color Fred played the same show.

Kingjohn_654, Jdaniels and Essie like this.
  7. BTDandFeelingThis

The only vocals of his I recall being clear are

ONE HUNDRES AND FIFTY DEGREES IN THE SHADE

And

WHYD YOU DO IT OH WHY OH WHYD YA DO IT

8. nohandstoholdonto

problem addict Prestigious

He’s the last voice you hear in Carpathia

9. Davjs

Trusted

That's crazy. I always thought that was Adam.

10. Orla Jan 11, 2019
    (Last edited: Jan 11, 2019)
    Orla

little old lady Prestigious

He also sings the HOOOOW LOOOONGs and a few quick SWINGs in “Swing”! And quite a bit in “Catholic Knees” that I guess I forgot about until just now.

11. mattylikesfilms Jan 11, 2019
    (Last edited: Jan 11, 2019)
    mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Always makes me happy to see people appreciate New Again and more importantly- Matt Fazzi. I remember this site hardcore hating on the record when it came out but I immediately loved it and while it had a few missteps- it’s easily one of the better records.

It’s a shame David Kahne talked the band into cutting out most of Fazzi’s vocals for the record. I think he would have paired beautifully with Adam if given the proper spotlight. It’s also a shame they cut “Winter Passing” from NA as it’s one of my favorite songs of theirs ever.

12. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Fazzi singing One Eighty By Summer on the live from Orensanz record is literally everything. Dude sounds better than Fred or John singing it- just being honest ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Davjs and Kingjohn_654 like this.
  13. Fazzi might not have the grit "needed" to sing Fred and some of John's songs but he's got such a smooth voice that he makes up for it.

14. Gnarly Charlie

Good guy, but a bad dude

Barstool Sports

lmao didn't expect to see them play at barstool.

Their acoustic performances have gotten alot better

Kingjohn_654 and Bad Frequencies like this.
  15. Dog Fish

Mutt

Have gotten? Wasn’t performance was like last month.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  16. Gnarly Charlie

Good guy, but a bad dude

Oops, thought it was just a few days old!

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  17. Dog Fish

Mutt

Nah, I realized I made in incorrect assumption that you were saying that they’ve gotten better since this performance. I now realize you meant this is better than their older performances, which I didn’t quite agree with.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  18. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

I know these recent performances are way better than when they were promoting S/T, the acoustic performances of Faith are horrendous

Kingjohn_654, Essie, Collins and 2 others like this.
  19. Gnarly Charlie

Good guy, but a bad dude

Faith is bad all around

20. the chorus of faith is good everything else is bad

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  21. Collins

Trusted

They have definitely gotten a lot better. Specifically, the S/T era was pretty rough. The performance here of MDS is really good.

Gnarly Charlie likes this.
  22. I remember when it was previewed on those studio videos without us knowing it was actually from them (it was just an instrumental). I thought the verses sounded like random Youtube stock music.

23. BTDandFeelingThis

24. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

I'm behind a bit but catching up, the "Bullet With Butterfly Wings" cover and "A Song for Dan" absolutely slap. "All Ready to Go" isn't quite as good but I fuck with the bridge

Kingjohn_654 and disambigujason like this.
  25. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

“All Ready To Go” is a great song. I like it more than “A Song for Dan”, which drags a bit.